Paradox IP150 configuration issue

Jonesadr

I've been using the IP150 successfully with the SWAN Insite Gold IOS App for over a year and it has been great. For some reason now I am unable to connect to the site? Does anyone know if there has been any changes? or why I would have lost connection.

Diabolix

Actually, I just had a break through and was able to upgrade the firmware successfully.
Hi Peter,

Trying to upgrade to 4.4 now, where did you find the inField software as well as the firmware file? Been struggling this whole weekend just to find the right software.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Hi Peter,

Trying to upgrade to 4.4 now, where did you find the inField software as well as the firmware file? Been struggling this whole weekend just to find the right software.
Try zasecure.com

Under the support tab, you can choose paradox and then software.

Diabolix

Try zasecure.com

Under the support tab, you can choose paradox and then software.
Thanks, but I see the latest IP150 firmware they have is 4.30 where I need 4.40. Looking to move to static IP, and you need the newest firmware to allow it. They are making this insanely difficult...

Official email I got from Paradox:

"Please be advised that the IP150 module should be upgraded to the latest firmware version 4.40.004.
This firmware version comes with more features:

What's New
  • Improved connectivity
  • Added static IP support
  • Added email support
  • Added event log on the web interface
  • Enable/disable SWAN option
To upgrade the IP150 module please contact your installer or local distributor. "

I want to upgrade it myself dammit.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Thanks, but I see the latest IP150 firmware they have is 4.30 where I need 4.40. Looking to move to static IP, and you need the newest firmware to allow it. They are making this insanely difficult...

Official email I got from Paradox:

"Please be advised that the IP150 module should be upgraded to the latest firmware version 4.40.004.
This firmware version comes with more features:

What's New
  • Improved connectivity
  • Added static IP support
  • Added email support
  • Added event log on the web interface
  • Enable/disable SWAN option
To upgrade the IP150 module please contact your installer or local distributor. "

I want to upgrade it myself dammit.
You can also try alarmtec. Iirc, you add the software to your basket and do a R0 payment

Diabolix

Update: I contacted Paradox and they didn't want to send me the .puf file (firmware file) and asked that I speak to our local distributor to send me the file.

Mailed spectrumcom and waiting on a reply. Actually ridiculous the amount of red paper to follow just to upgrade to a newer firmware.

Last edited:

zanax

I'm able to connect infield where it assesses the firmware but I am unable to connect babyware to the panel. I'm able to connect to the Ip150 via the Swan server and have connected to the panel via gold in site.
But when I try all the wireless methods to connect baby ware and the Sp6000 panel, it goes via Swan server to the ip150 and opens the socket but won't connect to the panel. Panel ID and password is correct, all the IP module data and panel s/'n is correct.
Any help is appreciated. TIA.

MandM

I'm able to connect infield where it assesses the firmware but I am unable to connect babyware to the panel. I'm able to connect to the Ip150 via the Swan server and have connected to the panel via gold in site.
But when I try all the wireless methods to connect baby ware and the Sp6000 panel, it goes via Swan server to the ip150 and opens the socket but won't connect to the panel. Panel ID and password is correct, all the IP module data and panel s/'n is correct.
Any help is appreciated. TIA.
I have exactly the same problem. The stupid Swan server!! It has to be a port forwarding issue, but they say that you should not have any in your router settings...

onpartydig

Hi,

I was still on PMH yesterday when iParadox was updated now informing you that it will seize to exist end of october 2019 and by downloading the Insight Gold app you will be automatically migrated over to Swan and your IP150 also upgraded to V4.40.

I decided to bite the bullet and try Swan. What a dissapointment. The app works intermittent on Apple iPhone and me and wife has to reinstall every now and then to get connected. The App works ok on Android except that no push notifications happen. Paradox support has advised something but still no luck.

In my last mail to Paradox support I was told that RnD is aware of the iPhone issues and would release an updated app by end of this week to address the issues. Let hope for the best.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yeah, the app is not that great, I am getting push notifications but the records in the app of when our alarm is armed, disarmed or tripped no longer updates, frustrating.

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Hi,

I was still on PMH yesterday when iParadox was updated now informing you that it will seize to exist end of october 2019 and by downloading the Insight Gold app you will be automatically migrated over to Swan and your IP150 also upgraded to V4.40.

I decided to bite the bullet and try Swan. What a dissapointment. The app works intermittent on Apple iPhone and me and wife has to reinstall every now and then to get connected. The App works ok on Android except that no push notifications happen. Paradox support has advised something but still no luck.

In my last mail to Paradox support I was told that RnD is aware of the iPhone issues and would release an updated app by end of this week to address the issues. Let hope for the best.
Does one still have to pay for Swan / Insight Gold?

leonb

Have you you tried using the app Alarmin?

When I started having issues with the Myparadox app, I changed to Alarmin and it has not given me any issues.

Not sure if the app only works with a certain version of the IP150 firmware. Mine was installed about 5 years ago and I have never updated the firmware since.

Sometimes newer is not always better.

eehellfire

Honorary Master

When I started having issues with the Myparadox app, I changed to Alarmin and it has not given me any issues.

Not sure if the app only works with a certain version of the IP150 firmware. Mine was installed about 5 years ago and I have never updated the firmware since.

Stopped working - probably due to this firmware upgrade

iamdieter

Also have issues here. My original IP150 that was ont he older firmware worked fine with iParadox. That unit got destroyed by lightning. Now have a new IP 150 module with the 4.3 firmware forcing me to use Insite Gold, which I cannot get to work at all. I've removed all my old port forwarding rules from the router, tried without, created new ones etc.. I simply cannot register a 'New Installation' via the app.. I input my panel serial, my preferred site name, email address, and the 'Create New Site' button remains greyed out. Wish they kept to the old IP150 method.

Defib

Expert Member
Also have issues here. My original IP150 that was ont he older firmware worked fine with iParadox. That unit got destroyed by lightning. Now have a new IP 150 module with the 4.3 firmware forcing me to use Insite Gold, which I cannot get to work at all. I've removed all my old port forwarding rules from the router, tried without, created new ones etc.. I simply cannot register a 'New Installation' via the app.. I input my panel serial, my preferred site name, email address, and the 'Create New Site' button remains greyed out. Wish they kept to the old IP150 method.
Yes, you are pretty much buggered and have to use the SWAN server. I havent found any data on downgrading FW.

Im lucky, I still have FW v1xxx and dont have to use the silly SWAN

Defib

Expert Member

Alarmin is super, however, I wish i could tweek it a bit