Paradox IP150 configuration issue

mikhailhathey

Anyone have some setup instructions and firmware upgrade instructions?

Spectrum keeps wanting me to use their Installers, it's installed already I just need to get it to work. It doesn't seem like they want non-official installers to do it.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Anyone have some setup instructions and firmware upgrade instructions?

Spectrum keeps wanting me to use their Installers, it's installed already I just need to get it to work. It doesn't seem like they want non-official installers to do it.
Did you manage to do this? Do you perhaps have the baby link software file and the firmware? Im going to plug in my IP150 tonight and do the upgrade.

mikhailhathey

Did you manage to do this? Do you perhaps have the baby link software file and the firmware? Im going to plug in my IP150 tonight and do the upgrade.
I did the firmware upgrade last night and now it’s not working. Upgrade from 1.26 to 1.39 just as a test but it failed and basically wiped it.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
1.39... I need to be on 1.4 for insight Gold app right?

Ideally I want to integrate this into Alexa at sone point..

mikhailhathey

1.39... I need to be on 1.4 for insight Gold app right?

Ideally I want to integrate this into Alexa at sone point..
I’m honestly not sure but I also want to go the Alexa and Raspberry Pi route with this if I can get it to work.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
I’m honestly not sure but I also want to go the Alexa and Raspberry Pi route with this if I can get it to work.
Ya so I don't want to go the raspberry route cause it seems like alot of work. Setting up Home Assistant, then coding all of it. I'm currently checking if there is a way to do this without that. The one way would be to code an ET remote with 3 options, stay, sleep and arm. And just have ewelink/Alexa activate the right one mode. Same with disarming.

For bypassing etc, you would still need to go to the panel.

mikhailhathey

Ya so I don't want to go the raspberry route cause it seems like alot of work. Setting up Home Assistant, then coding all of it. I'm currently checking if there is a way to do this without that. The one way would be to code an ET remote with 3 options, stay, sleep and arm. And just have ewelink/Alexa activate the right one mode. Same with disarming.

For bypassing etc, you would still need to go to the panel.
Interesting but I'll send you some info to get the IP150 setup, I am still struggling with mine but hopefully yours will work.

F1 Fan

Expert Member

mikhailhathey

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Google Paiparadox... You don't need to use HA, gives way better options than Paradox once running.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Thanks. Am I right in saying that PAI needs to be installed on a device that is running 24/7 like HA to be able to communicate with the alarm panel?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Still need something to interface with PAI and Alexa though.
The Alexa bit is a bit more complicated, you can probably use IFTTT - do you really need the functionality though? You only want it for arming anyway.

I only have have one mode with Google Home - Sleep Arm

F1 Fan

Expert Member
The Alexa bit is a bit more complicated, you can probably use IFTTT - do you really need the functionality though? You only want it for arming anyway.

I only have have one mode with Google Home - Sleep Arm
So you have PAI connected to HA and Google Home right? I would want sleep, stay and arm/disarm.