Pastel Software and Windows 10 Compatability

blue-eye-boy

Expert Member
Did anyone test pastel evolution on windows 10? Our main pc, runs only pastel server, and cctv, on windows 7. Then 3 workstations, 2 on windows 7, 1 on windows 10. All works perfect like this. I'm no expert on pastel installations, and dont want to wait untill no 99 to do it.

What do you think?

boxerulez

Expert Member
I know its an old thread but I thought rather here than another thread.

Has anyone been able to run Pastel Partner 2007 on windows 10?

mouks

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Hope you can help. I've been having trouble using Pastel running on a Win 10 network.

Pastel Server and Workstations are all running Win 10, Pastel Partner V14, NOD 32 AV. Pastel performance is slow and sometimes bombs out. All PC's are connected via LAN/Gigabit switch.

Other network related Apps such as VIP does not have issues over the network.

Any advise?

mouks

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Hope you can help. I've been having trouble using Pastel running on a Win 10 network.

Pastel Server and Workstations are all running Win 10, Pastel Partner V14, NOD 32 AV. Pastel performance is slow and sometimes bombs out. All PC's are connected via LAN/Gigabit switch.

Any advise?

signates

Executive Member
Hi Guys

Any advise?

What error messages are you getting?

Pastel also does not like any network restrictions when it comes to sharing. Make sure that on the server, the users are added in the sharing properties of the server. Don't just share the server. Add the users as well.

mouks

Expert Member
What error messages are you getting?

Pastel also does not like any network restrictions when it comes to sharing. Make sure that on the server, the users are added in the sharing properties of the server. Don't just share the server. Add the users as well.
When you say "Add Users as well" you mean under credential manager?

krono9

If that didnt work, It most probably your NOD32 antivirus... Disable it on the "server" machine for 10 minutes.... and you should notice your workstations running much faster... is this is the case... . there is an option in the advanced settings of NOD32 that you need to disable... something like "scan files being opened"....

mouks

Expert Member
If that didnt work, It most probably your NOD32 antivirus... Disable it on the "server" machine for 10 minutes.... and you should notice your workstations running much faster... is this is the case... . there is an option in the advanced settings of NOD32 that you need to disable... something like "scan files being opened"....
Thanks!

mouks

Expert Member
UPDATE: I applied both suggestions and so far so good.

Thanks guys!

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Have Pastel running on Windows 10 network. Installed on server and 2 users accessing over LAN.

Cannot get company logo to printer properly. Keeps printing blurred. Tried various printer drivers ect. No change.

Anyone experience similar?

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
For those that need it (and for my own future reference).

Was having terribly slow opening and working with companies on sbs 2008 (client/server pervasiv

Did this

The issues has been resolved. It was a combination of three things relating to Windows 2012 and Hyper V.

On the physical server I disabled Receive Side Scaling under advanced properties of the NIC. I also disabled Virtual Machine Queue. This fix is apparently only applicable to Broadcom Network cards.

This domain security policy also improved things somewhat but I'd consider this to be secondary.

http://redmondmag.com/articles/2014/05/16/network-performance-problems.aspx
https://www.experts-exchange.com/qu...ionally-slow-2-minutes-to-open-a-company.html

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I'm looking for the setup files for Pastel Xpress Version 04 (2007).
Our accountant's computer went down in the last 2 weeks. I have backup files, serial number and registration info, but the CD has just gone awol.

Does anyone have a backup copy of the setup files?

murray654

Upgraded from Partner v14 to v17. Using it on 4 Win 10 Pro workstations... Went kind of smoothly, apart from having to email their support for a serial number...

Their phone system is so broken. I phoned support and was transferred to sales by the phone system which detected an expired support contract associated with my phone number. I asked to be transferred to support. The same thing happened... I could not talk to support, only sales...

nemo415

I'm looking for the setup files for Pastel Xpress Version 04 (2007).
Our accountant's computer went down in the last 2 weeks. I have backup files, serial number and registration info, but the CD has just gone awol.

Does anyone have a backup copy of the setup files?
2 years later, so you probably came right...

I was helping a client with the same situation... I logged a support ticket with PAstel and they made the files available on "datafix" , pretty much a section on their website where you can up/download files for a while when requesting support.