Pathetic service while doing application for Uncapped Wireless

RustyMaverick

I did an application for wireless broadband uncapped on the 27th of Jan on their website. Got the call on 4th of Feb at 11:25AM to complete my application. Everything was completed and I was told that I would receive my equipment within the next 3 day and that the installation would be done within 10 working days.

I had waited patiently all this time for the equipment since I wasn't in a rush for it. I finally called yesterday, 1st of March, since I still hadn't received anything, to find out what was taking so long only to hear that there was no order listed according to my ID number on my account for the offer. Went through many phone calls to 10210 after that, getting put through to different sections and being hung up trying to find out why but could never get a clear response.

Yesterday afternoon I Posted on their Facebook page and they asked for my info and that someone would contact me to help me figure out what the problem was. I just got off the phone with the person 30 mins ago and the reason he said was that the application was declined due to affordability but I can go to a Telkom store and apply again.

That is absolute rubbish because I know I can easily afford R599/month, I mean how can it not be affordable if I will be paying less with the new setup compared to the 4Mbps Uncapped ADSL I am currently paying for to them. That makes no sense at all. The application was approved when I was on the call on the 4th and I was told the equipment will arrive in 3 days.

I think someone at Telkom messed up the paper work and now they are making an excuse as to why the order is suddenly gone. This is absolutely atrocious service, how can they say everything is done and accepted and the equipment is on the way and now suddenly come back and say it wasn't accepted because of affordability. What kind of people are working there that this happens?

I wish I could get a hold of the original phone call when the woman approved my application and I would post that as well for everyone to listen to. Worst service ever.

THANKS TELKOM

Wasp_21

Expert Member
Although your story ends slightly different, the beginning and middle are what everyone has experienced. I wonder if it hasnt got to do with the planned 6,000 jobs to be cut. Morale may be in the toilet. But in any case, had the same experience. I got my LTE stuff, and a month later i m still waiting for install. To add to this, i went to cancel an expired mobile account and my adsl (have LTE now) and waiting 4 hours INSTORE to get it done. Telkom is beyond a joke.

RustyMaverick

Yeah I have read a lot of posts of people experiencing long wait times for their equipment, that was mostly why I was patient about it at first as well. I figured it is a known thing to wait long for the equipment so I would stress, I'm just glad I didn't wait even longer before phoning to find out what was happening.

Conkill

I did an application for wireless broadband uncapped on the 27th of Jan on their website. Got the call on 4th of Feb at 11:25AM to complete my application. Everything was completed and I was told that I would receive my equipment within the next 3 day and that the installation would be done within 10 working days.

I had waited patiently all this time for the equipment since I wasn't in a rush for it. I finally called yesterday, 1st of March, since I still hadn't received anything, to find out what was taking so long only to hear that there was no order listed according to my ID number on my account for the offer. Went through many phone calls to 10210 after that, getting put through to different sections and being hung up trying to find out why but could never get a clear response.

Yesterday afternoon I Posted on their Facebook page and they asked for my info and that someone would contact me to help me figure out what the problem was. I just got off the phone with the person 30 mins ago and the reason he said was that the application was declined due to affordability but I can go to a Telkom store and apply again.

That is absolute rubbish because I know I can easily afford R599/month, I mean how can it not be affordable if I will be paying less with the new setup compared to the 4Mbps Uncapped ADSL I am currently paying for to them. That makes no sense at all. The application was approved when I was on the call on the 4th and I was told the equipment will arrive in 3 days.

I think someone at Telkom messed up the paper work and now they are making an excuse as to why the order is suddenly gone. This is absolutely atrocious service, how can they say everything is done and accepted and the equipment is on the way and now suddenly come back and say it wasn't accepted because of affordability. What kind of people are working there that this happens?

I wish I could get a hold of the original phone call when the woman approved my application and I would post that as well for everyone to listen to. Worst service ever.

THANKS TELKOM
Sorry to break the news to you but that's how things work at Telkom, they will have you wait for days/weeks/months they will take more money than they should and you will have to deal with more than one person when trying to get anything done whether thats network related, upgrading and oh boy trying cancelling that will take you months to accomplish.

Telkom is a piece of rubbish company, unfortunately vodacom are to dam greedy in regards to pricing else a lot of ppl would have migrated to vodacom by now.

Oh and the best to come telkoms mobile network in certain areas are completely over used so expect speeds slower than 56k dial-up modem and i will bet my ass that certain LTE clients are already experiencing slow speeds.