[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
I received a 55a6100 as an insurance replacement. While watching a movie the other night I noticed the TV continually dims and brightens automatically. Is there a way to switch this off?
Yea, read back, It's a "feature" hated by everyone from the film makers to the users of most tv's but apparently the manufacturers think it's awesome.

Suspect99

Executive Member
I received a 55a6100 as an insurance replacement. While watching a movie the other night I noticed the TV continually dims and brightens automatically. Is there a way to switch this off?
Under picture mode settings. Set backlight to off to turn off this incredibly annoying "feature"

avr-rulez

Expert Member
As BradleyKZN said, the Hisense B8000 is similar to the H8F.
Here is a detailed review of the H8F: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8f
Below are links to info on the 55B8000UW and 65B8000UW:

Unfortunately, these models don't come with Android.
If you are looking for Hisense Android TV's, they only come in 50"and 58".
Hi - any links for the 65Q8600 spec sheet - looking at getting one of them but can't find decent info on the Hisense site.

Kwaai

Hi, does anyone here own this tv? What is your experience with it and are there are better sets to look at?

LED75A6500UW

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
I got my 55B8000 today, and I am absolutely blown away!

Some of the things that stand out to me are the fact that for gaming, you absolutely have to have gaming mode on. My old TV I couldnt notice the difference, but with this TV, not having game mode on means like 1 second input lag. I also have to turn game mode off so that I get the smooth motion for TVs and stuff so glad it lets you set all the different inputs differently.

One thing that does bug me, is that the audio is very different when I use the xbox and the app programs, and I cant seem to get the volume right. Might have something to do with me using both external speakers and TV speakers (also a welcome addition)

caramasta

not sure if discussed before, can someone please tell me if i can install Spotify on a Hi-sense TV?

I had a 65inch that was unfortunately stolen last week, quite keen to get this: https://hisense.co.za/product/75-4k-premium-uhd-a6800-75a6800uwg

Any advice will be appreciated.
I think it has Deezer. Deezer has over 53 million songs vs Spotify's 30 million

Lupus

Honorary Master

AllIncluded

Lupus

Honorary Master
Thanks, why this one compared to my current tv? This one seems like the next tier up. I see its a built in sound bar, got one , samsung 2.1 setup
Rather a step up a bit than to just parrallel movement.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
@Hisense SA do you perhaps know the limitations there are to USB (memory sticks) to connect to a 43N3000UW? I have one, and it doesn't want to read USB drives anymore. They get super, super hot when connected but the TV doesn't pick them up. I've formatted to various file systems and also tried different ones, but none are working anymore. Just want to make sure I'm not botching something before I take the TV back to Makro for RMA.

patrick123

Expert Member
I find only certain NAS folders and files available when accessing the media player even though all the permissions are the same.

khalidsul23

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new TV, will hopefully be pulling the trigger this Sunday. So after some research I narrowed down my options to the 58B7200 and 55B8000.

The OS doesn't really matter, as its primary use will be a mix of the norm... (OvenView, Netflix, YouTube, some HD and 4K movies from a HDD). The TV is for my grandparents place so picture quality > software/features.

My question is which of those 2 models are better in terms of picture quality. I suppose Android OS is better than Vidaa but as stated above I'm not looking for anything fancy software wise.

Also, alternatives from Samsung (55RU7100) and LG (55UM7340) do not have local dimming or Dolby Vision support. Are these features gimmicky/irrelevant? Should i rather stick to the Hisense choices above?

Any help/advise will be appreciated.