Please feedback on the HDMI CEC functionality (if you use it for your Amp etc)Hey Guys how's black Friday so far for all the Hisense fans? Who bought what? Any first impressions to share?
I bought a 65Q8600 from AllIncluded, waiting for order confirmation and delivery date confirmation. Hoping tomorrow is my lucky day else could be Monday.
Will keep everyone posted on what transpires.
I do use it with an old samsung bluray player that only takes high definition audio through optical in. With CEC on I couldn't get sound from PC via optical to the bluray player. With it OFF I can.Please feedback on the HDMI CEC functionality (if you use it for your Amp etc)
1. Upscaling to 4k happens automatically regardless of input resolution. There is no setting. The quality is dependent on the input signal.Hi guys, I bought the 55Q8600 on special from Hirsch on Friday (black Friday special). Makro had it for R9999 but were sold out by Friday. So I've been playing around with it and have a few questions:
1) does anyone know how to optimise to picture settings on the TV? Rtings.com has a great setup on the H9f (American Verision) however the menu is totally different and doesn't apply to the Q8600 Version.
2) I've been trying to figure out if 4k upscalling is present on youtube/dstv now apps when 1080p content is played, or is upscalling only present when something is played via HDMI?
The dstv now app works great however there is a HUGE quality issue with it when compared to watching dstv with a decoder. I compared it image of the two and noticed the difference straight away, despite Dstv now being set to 1080p quality.
3) is Dolby vision/HDR10 and Dolby Atoms always on despite the source youtube/HDMI/USBand converts accordingly or does your source have to be dolby atmos/vision compatable?
I was in two minds about this TV, preferring the Q60r over the Q8600. Many reviews later I decided to settle for the Q8600. I contacted Hisense SA to confirm if the Q8600 is the same as the America. H9f (I couldn't find many reviews on the Q8600). What I did however get from Hisense is rather interesting, comparing the Q8600 to the Q60R. This comparison confirmed the Q8600 is the better TV. I have attached it below
I run my xbox through the avr to the tv.1. Upscaling to 4k happens automatically regardless of input resolution. There is no setting. The quality is dependent on the input signal.
2. DStv quality is dependent on the stream from multichoice and your line. speed.
3.dolby vision and HDR is automatic when it receives the correct source.
You do however have to enable hdmi enhanced if you using external source.
Hopes this helps.