[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

nX3lemZ

Hey Guys how's black Friday so far for all the Hisense fans? Who bought what? Any first impressions to share?

I bought a 65Q8600 from AllIncluded, waiting for order confirmation and delivery date confirmation. Hoping tomorrow is my lucky day else could be Monday.

Will keep everyone posted on what transpires.

Cheers

Tim_vb

Hey Guys how's black Friday so far for all the Hisense fans? Who bought what? Any first impressions to share?

I bought a 65Q8600 from AllIncluded, waiting for order confirmation and delivery date confirmation. Hoping tomorrow is my lucky day else could be Monday.

Will keep everyone posted on what transpires.

Cheers
Please feedback on the HDMI CEC functionality (if you use it for your Amp etc)

Tydmors

Does anybody know what the new firmware update includes?
I see it changed from V0000.01.00a.J0919 to V0000.01.00a.J1114

on a side note, i'm glad my OTA updates work.

Colsuldel

My new Hisense TV only worked for about 2 hours,
now it doesnt switch on, only showing red standby light..
Any ideas?

Model - 43B7100UW

R4m80

My new Hisense TV only worked for about 2 hours,
now it doesnt switch on, only showing red standby light..
Any ideas?

Model - 43B7100UW
Check your remote. Try switching the tv on with the button on the TV.

ZeeSib

Can anyone please take a picture of their 55B8000 picture mode and picture settings for me, I want to set up my new TV. It looks horrible.

jones123

Can we please have your thoughts/ reviews on TVs purchased for black friday.
I'm only getting my q8600 in next week.
But excited to here your thoughts

nedire

hello can you give me the last update to HX43.V0000.N3000.UWT.00.00.H0826 thanks for helps

nX3lemZ

Hi Guys

Got my 65Q8600 thanks to AllIncluded, he is the real deal. Guaranteed best price on Black Friday as well.

Really happy with the TV:

Pros:
Excellent picture quality.
Very bright with very good peak highlights.
Dolby Vision on Netflix looks AMAZING.
The colors are so vibrant.
Plays the MKV container straight off USB 3 ext HDD with HDR10 support.
Black levels are very good but I can agree now not OLED good but I guess I wouldn't expect them to be.
DsTV Now works with zero issues.
YouTube app works great and supports HDR as well as per the recent youtube update.
Motion is really good once you dial in the correct settings.
Game mode works well haven't tested much and supports HDR.
Anti reflection is excellent, literally have not experienced one moment of distraction from reflections and my TV is in front of a big sliding door with lots of lights.

Cons:
Clouding during dark scenes. The clouding looked so distracting initially I thought of returning the Telly. However I'm not sure how I don't really notice it now and putting local dimming to HIGH helps a lot. Haven't found it to be crushing blacks either.
Black uniformity issues, prevalent on most LCDs anyway.
Although I haven't seen many top end 4K displays I have a feeling upscaling could be better and overall native sharpness.

Overall this was a big upgrade from my old FHD 40inch Hisense.

nX3lemZ

Please feedback on the HDMI CEC functionality (if you use it for your Amp etc)
I do use it with an old samsung bluray player that only takes high definition audio through optical in. With CEC on I couldn't get sound from PC via optical to the bluray player. With it OFF I can.

alqassam

Expert Member
71n7100 at 11800 or 65q8600 at 14799

Alternatively the Sammy qled at 15k or LG nanocell at 15k both 65inch

Upgrading from a 60inch Sammy plasma

Colsuldel

Check your remote. Try switching the tv on with the button on the TV.
TV button and Remote, would just blink the standby light when pressed, then nothing.
Returned it to the shop and they swapped it for a new one.
Will see how long this one lasts.

ahmedomar

Hi guys

I have my Hisense 65 inch B8000 ULED TV for sale as I'm finding it too big for my lounge

Check Classifieds for details,

Thanks

GrantS46

Hi guys, I bought the 55Q8600 on special from Hirsch on Friday (black Friday special). Makro had it for R9999 but were sold out by Friday. So I've been playing around with it and have a few questions:
1) does anyone know how to optimise to picture settings on the TV? Rtings.com has a great setup on the H9f (American Verision) however the menu is totally different and doesn't apply to the Q8600 Version.
2) I've been trying to figure out if 4k upscalling is present on youtube/dstv now apps when 1080p content is played, or is upscalling only present when something is played via HDMI?
The dstv now app works great however there is a HUGE quality issue with it when compared to watching dstv with a decoder. I compared it image of the two and noticed the difference straight away, despite Dstv now being set to 1080p quality.
3) is Dolby vision/HDR10 and Dolby Atoms always on despite the source youtube/HDMI/USBand converts accordingly or does your source have to be dolby atmos/vision compatable?

I was in two minds about this TV, preferring the Q60r over the Q8600. Many reviews later I decided to settle for the Q8600. I contacted Hisense SA to confirm if the Q8600 is the same as the America. H9f (I couldn't find many reviews on the Q8600). What I did however get from Hisense is rather interesting, comparing the Q8600 to the Q60R. This comparison confirmed the Q8600 is the better TV. I have attached it below

Attachments

Last edited:

Aharon

Executive Member
71n7100 at 11800 or 65q8600 at 14799

Alternatively the Sammy qled at 15k or LG nanocell at 15k both 65inch

Upgrading from a 60inch Sammy plasma
Sammy qled if your budget goes... They look amazing!

jones123

Hi guys, I bought the 55Q8600 on special from Hirsch on Friday (black Friday special). Makro had it for R9999 but were sold out by Friday. So I've been playing around with it and have a few questions:
1) does anyone know how to optimise to picture settings on the TV? Rtings.com has a great setup on the H9f (American Verision) however the menu is totally different and doesn't apply to the Q8600 Version.
2) I've been trying to figure out if 4k upscalling is present on youtube/dstv now apps when 1080p content is played, or is upscalling only present when something is played via HDMI?
The dstv now app works great however there is a HUGE quality issue with it when compared to watching dstv with a decoder. I compared it image of the two and noticed the difference straight away, despite Dstv now being set to 1080p quality.
3) is Dolby vision/HDR10 and Dolby Atoms always on despite the source youtube/HDMI/USBand converts accordingly or does your source have to be dolby atmos/vision compatable?

I was in two minds about this TV, preferring the Q60r over the Q8600. Many reviews later I decided to settle for the Q8600. I contacted Hisense SA to confirm if the Q8600 is the same as the America. H9f (I couldn't find many reviews on the Q8600). What I did however get from Hisense is rather interesting, comparing the Q8600 to the Q60R. This comparison confirmed the Q8600 is the better TV. I have attached it below
1. Upscaling to 4k happens automatically regardless of input resolution. There is no setting. The quality is dependent on the input signal.

2. DStv quality is dependent on the stream from multichoice and your line. speed.

3.dolby vision and HDR is automatic when it receives the correct source.
You do however have to enable hdmi enhanced if you using external source.

Hopes this helps.

e4et

Expert Member
1. Upscaling to 4k happens automatically regardless of input resolution. There is no setting. The quality is dependent on the input signal.

2. DStv quality is dependent on the stream from multichoice and your line. speed.

3.dolby vision and HDR is automatic when it receives the correct source.
You do however have to enable hdmi enhanced if you using external source.

Hopes this helps.
I run my xbox through the avr to the tv.
When I enable hdmi enhanced, it makes the xbox look like poop.