[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Hi Guys and Gals, i recently purchased a 55B8000UW from @AllIncluded and I must say i received amazing service from the start and received an awesome price as well, he even went out of his way to help me arrange an after hours delivery as i would only have been home after 6PM as my daily commute would not have let me be able to safely transport it. Big thumbs up and i can definitely recommend them.

AND WOW what a TV. Had some initial teething issues but it was more of an I.d.10.T error than a hardware issue as i wanted my PC to go display at 4K resolution but it really did not want to play along, i swapped cables and tried all the ports and eventually i just went back to 1080p for my pc and all the issues stopped, i've also not had a minutes trouble with the smart tv part of it, but have mainly only used Netflix and some of the free content. I upgraded my account to try and get 4K but my Telkom LTE has not been that great of late and i could never go above 1080p. (on wifi)

Its also cool that you can just cast from your phone without an extra APP.after getting MiUI11 my Xiaomi S2 picked it up right away and casting is a breeze.
Did you enable the setting on your TV to get 4K?

ThumperZA

Can anyone here recommend a decent Hisense.

I'm looking for a 4K resolution smart TV - they have so many different options would like to find one with the best picture quality and a decent OS, 50" to 58" is ideal.

budget is around R6000 - R8000 willing to go a bit over that

thanks

BradleyKZN

Expert Member

I'm looking for a 4K resolution smart TV - they have so many different options would like to find one with the best picture quality and a decent OS, 50" to 58" is ideal.

thanks
You can get the 55B8000 for 7999.99 on a special at the moment.

ZeeSib

Hi ladies and gents.

After following you'll guys suggestions for sometime, last night I decided to purchase the 55B8000UW Hisense TV for the great special they have at Game! Haven't connected it the internet yet, still waiting for people to install my fibre.
The problem I have is that it appears way too light/bright and not so different from my previous old age Samsung TV.
Can someone share the picture mode and all the relevant picture settings I can use to make it "more watchable and lively" to enjoy this ULED

Tydmors

thanks
You can get the 55B8000 for 7999.99 on a special at the moment.
I can also recommend this, its an awesome TV straight from the box and with some tuning it can be even better it would seem.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
For almost the same money 70" (7100) or 65" (8600). Which one has the better value proposition.

My use case:
- Main TV
- XBOX One X (kids)
- Occasional movies/sport (me, wife)

Titanic1

Hi everyone, I purchased a 65B7100UW today and I have found two problems as follows:

1) The audio is distorted at low volume levels between 1 and 10, if you raise the volume beyond this level the distortion is no longer audible. I have tried different sources: Netflix, DSTVnow and via the HDMI ports and the problem remains. The distortion is also present at the startup screen at first setup when you select the language and region.

2) The DSTVnow app has a problem where the "Video Quality" setting doesn't change, it seems to be stuck on the highest level. You can select a lower level in order to reduce the data usage, (the selection does change in the settings menu of the DSTVnow app), but the picture quality (as seen on the screen) stays on the highest setting. I have confirmed this by monitoring the bandwidth used - no change at all. The setting is found in the app settings: Settings-Video Quality with options Highest, High, Medium, Low.

I returned the TV set and had it replaced with another unit and unfortunately it has the same problems. It seems to be a problem with all 65B7100UW models.

Is anyone aware of a newer firmware update for this model? Mine is as follows:
Software Version: V0001.01.00a.J0919
Extended Version: J0920

If there is no fix available I will have to return it and get another Hisense model or a Samsung.

AllIncluded

Deals are live. Let me know if you find something cheaper and we will try our best to help you with a better price.