[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Not a happy camper. Got my Q8600 today. Out the box plastic what I’m assuming guys use to put unit in box torn with whoever that was finger print on screen plus a bonus drop of sweat or something . Massive light blooms everywhere prominent bleed in right corner. To distracting for words. Also some glitching in and out of signal when XBOX ONE X Is connected. Don’t get me wrong beautiful picture but quality not exuding confidence at the moment. Most disappointed. Sending this one back.

Last edited:

e4et

Expert Member
Not a happy camper. Got my Q8600 today. Out the box plastic that I’m assuming guys use to put unit in box torn with whoever that was finger print on screen plus a bonus drop of sweat. Massive light blooms everywhere prominent bleed in right corner. To distracting for words. Also some glitching in and out of signal when XBOX ONE X Is connected. Don’t get me wrong beautiful picture but quality not exuding confidence at the moment. Most disappointed. Sending this one back
Mine does the same with the xbox. constans hdmi notifications when running Kodi. Wish I could turn that off. I'm assuming it's because of resolution / refresh rate changes when playing movies, navigating the menu's.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Mine does the same with the xbox. constans hdmi notifications when running Kodi. Wish I could turn that off. I'm assuming it's because of resolution / refresh rate changes when playing movies, navigating the menu's.
No just sitting in menu it goes on and off. First I thought it was the cable which has worked flawlessly on the old Samsung. Broke open new cable and screen just flickers all the time.

alqassam

Expert Member
Is Kodi on the TV or xbox

jones123

Not a happy camper. Got my Q8600 today. Out the box plastic that I’m assuming guys use to put unit in box torn with whoever that was finger print on screen plus a bonus drop of sweat. Massive light blooms everywhere prominent bleed in right corner. To distracting for words. Also some glitching in and out of signal when XBOX ONE X Is connected. Don’t get me wrong beautiful picture but quality not exuding confidence at the moment. Most disappointed. Sending this one back
Wow man. That's just not acceptable by any standards. I'd send it back without second thought. Where did you get it from ?

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Wow man. That's just not acceptable by any standards. I'd send it back without second thought. Where did you get it from ?
Allincluded, great service BTW. Not sure what procedure is from here. Cant help but think I maybe got re-boxed faulty unit if I look at the plastic it came in and dirt left on screen. There wasn't even one of those plastic films on it, had to disappoint kid because he wanted to peel it off :) Also at least in my case unit was not sealed just 4 plastic plugs that hold boxes together. So in theory you could re-purpose box and put anything in there.

Again picture was incredible, I was really blown away. Even wife was impressed and that takes some doing ;) Will post clip of glitching on XBOX later.

PokerMon

Also looking for quality picture settings? With regards to the judder, mine certainly doesn't do it. Menus a bit slow but they are smooth
Thanks. Mine are slow as well but there's definitely a bit of judder that occurs as the fade in from the left of the screen.

I've also noticed a some image tearing specifically watching soccer through the DSTV Now app. This only seems to happen with DSTV now so not sure if it's the app or the TV. Any thoughts?

Getting worried that my unit has a bit of a defect.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Here is clip of the XBOX ONE X (4K) flickering. Not sure what would make it do this, it’s as if there is a bad connection. As mentioned took out fresh HDMI checked if connections were solid. Besides this not happy with picture and general condition of unit. Frustrating.

Kaamil Alli

Dude, you saved me with this post.
I've had a 50A6100UW for about 10 months now, and I've never been able to upgrade the firmware - either through the automatic detection (which I read somewhere, if you change your TV region to UK it'll detect the UK firmware update online) or via USB. I tried every variation of the upgrade instructions:

* Switching unit off at the plug while switched on, plugging flash drive in, holding power button on remote while restoring power - nothing happens

* Switching TV off, plugging flash drive in, holding power button on remote while switching TV on using power button on TV - nothing happens

* Tried multiple flash drives, and reformatted them a couple of times - FAT16 and FAT32

I logged a ticket with Hisense, they gave me the same set of instructions as above, and they supplied me with the firmware file in your 2nd point - usb_HEA6100UWTS 2.bin - that didn't work either.

I came across this post and downloaded the firmware in your 3rd point and low and behold, it worked! And it worked simply through upgrading the firmware from USB through the GUI, not using any of these convoluted steps above.

I'd been plagued with the same Netflix issue as a lot of Hisense TV's (i.e. it works the first time you sign in, but once you switch off the TV and try again later it doesn't work anymore, unless you reset the app and sign in again), but that's been resolved now. It's also patched out the Russia 2018 World Cup splash screen, and the unit seems to switch on and display much quicker than before.

TL;DR - thank you @Bunta you made my weekend :cool:

Hi

Please refresh the download links as they have expired. Would love to update my TV as well. The OTA option says there is no update avail but from what I read, there are many newer versions. Currently on VA002.01.00A.I0730

THANKS

Vishan

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where you get a figure 8 power extension cable with a female connection on one side and a male on the other. I have my TV mounted on a cabinet and need to extend the cable by around 50cm.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where you get a figure 8 power extension cable with a female connection on one side and a male on the other. I have my TV mounted on a cabinet and need to extend the cable by around 50cm.
Have never seen one of those. Crude but you could always just splice the extra piece into existing cable. Quick search show Aliexpress.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Here is clip of the XBOX ONE X (4K) flickering. Not sure what would make it do this, it’s as if there is a bad connection. As mentioned took out fresh HDMI checked if connections were solid. Besides this not happy with picture and general condition of unit. Frustrating.

Have you checked the other ports? But yeah, send it back

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Have you checked the other ports? But yeah, send it back
At first had issue with XBOX recognizing that I was indeed connected to 4K TV. So played around with all the different ports. A setting on XBOX fixed that issue. It ran fine for a while switched back to TV (DSTV) and Netflix. Went back to XBOX and nothing like it had disappeared. Eventually got it working then the flickering started.

My biggest issue is the light bleed/pinch on bottom right edge and the terrible blooming all over the screen. I doubt this is normal surely? Curious to know other peoples thoughts with Q8600's. BTW these were out of box settings. Also tried telling myself the TV must "run-in" but I don't think that is relevant here.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
At first had issue with XBOX recognizing that I was indeed connected to 4K TV. So played around with all the different ports. A setting on XBOX fixed that issue. It ran fine for a while switched back to TV (DSTV) and Netflix. Went back to XBOX and nothing like it had disappeared. Eventually got it working then the flickering started.

My biggest issue is the light bleed/pinch on bottom right edge and the terrible blooming all over the screen. I doubt this is normal surely? Curious to know other peoples thoughts with Q8600's. BTW these were out of box settings. Also tried telling myself the TV must "run-in" but I don't think that is relevant here.
There is a setting on the xbox to fix 4k for some TVs, does that not fix that? Or does that happen on the smart TV menus and apps as well?