[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

alqassam

Expert Member
New unit received (thanks @AllIncluded ). Blooming still present to some degree, not nearly as bad as other unit. XBOX worked first time. Will play around with some settings.

However. How can Hisense not protect their screen with plastic film when shipping? Seems pretty obvious and the norm as far as I am aware. Screen on closer inspection is filthy. I can see where they have tried to clean the screen; I'm assuming as part of their "quality" control, but there is residue left over form what ever substance they use to clean panel.

Problem you have with near edge-less screens is until you have unit in its final resting place you always run risk of touching screen. The plastic film is usually the last thing you remove.

What does Hisense recommend for cleaning these panels?
My 8600 came in a plastic bag with handles. Screen was clean.

Really struggled with wall mounting as the VESA mounts are low on the screen and on a curve.

Which wall mounts are you guys using.

When you talk about blooming what do you mean? I find a lot of artifacts with 1080p content

GrantS46

My 8600 came in a plastic bag with handles. Screen was clean.

Really struggled with wall mounting as the VESA mounts are low on the screen and on a curve.

Which wall mounts are you guys using.

When you talk about blooming what do you mean? I find a lot of artifacts with 1080p content
I too wasnt very impressed with the 4k upscalling from 1080p, however on rtings.com the H9f (American version of the Q8600) did very well in the 1080p input. Makes me think that there has been Alot of changes from the H9f to the Q8600 (lack of Android is the obvious change) and who know what else, maybe picture quality and upscalling too? @Hisense SA can you possibly confirm this please?

PAYBACK

Expert Member

BonesJones

Hi. I recently purchased a Hisense 50inch Smart UHD LED-50B710 and although it says HDR10 support, I am struggling to get HDR switched on in Windows 10. I have my TV hooked up to my A/V receiver, which has 4K/60p HDCP 2.2, via the ARC pass-through and my PC and decoder is on 2 other channels on the receiver. Any advise on how to enable HDR at least in Windows.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Hi. I recently purchased a Hisense 50inch Smart UHD LED-50B710 and although it says HDR10 support, I am struggling to get HDR switched on in Windows 10. I have my TV hooked up to my A/V receiver, which has 4K/60p HDCP 2.2, via the ARC pass-through and my PC and decoder is on 2 other channels on the receiver. Any advise on how to enable HDR at least in Windows.
Display settings/Windows HD Color settings/Play HDR games and apps

That should trigger TV

cenredash

Expert Member
Hi, not really a hisense question, but I have a wall mount that used to have a 32inch tv and now have a 43 inch hisense tv 43B6000PW. However, the screws for the 32inch do not fit the new tv, and I probably threw away the screws. Can anyone tell me what screws I need to fit the tv to mount, and where i might find them?

Thanks

alqassam

Expert Member
Hi, not really a hisense question, but I have a wall mount that used to have a 32inch tv and now have a 43 inch hisense tv 43B6000PW. However, the screws for the 32inch do not fit the new tv, and I probably threw away the screws. Can anyone tell me what screws I need to fit the tv to mount, and where i might find them?

Thanks
Check which size bolt you need go to.local hardware store and get them. Different TVs use different size usually 6mm or 8mm stainless steel bolts should work.

Get short ones

cenredash

Expert Member
Check which size bolt you need go to.local hardware store and get them. Different TVs use different size usually 6mm or 8mm stainless steel bolts should work.

Get short ones
Thank you, yes, was hoping mr hisense might be able to tell the size of the screws, but that narrows it down. Think they're quite fat, so 8mm I'm guessing.

jones123

I too wasnt very impressed with the 4k upscalling from 1080p, however on rtings.com the H9f (American version of the Q8600) did very well in the 1080p input. Makes me think that there has been Alot of changes from the H9f to the Q8600 (lack of Android is the obvious change) and who know what else, maybe picture quality and upscalling too? @Hisense SA can you possibly confirm this please?
1080p look just fine to me but i was playing it via mibox not the tv player, maybe thats made a difference in my setup.
dstv even via the mibox looked soft though , i fugured its because its dstv
youtube and netflix was just excellent.

this being said , i did return mine because of vignetting ( darkening of screen )on all four corners and down the sides.
i found it too distracting. dionwired didnt have more stock and i wasn't prepared to wait so they refunded me in full.
no long stories, just great service from them.

had this not been present i would have kept mine.

JDG

I've been looking at a few HiSense models in 55 inch range - namely the U7A, B7200, and Q8600 if I can afford it. Any experiences with these? Important factors for me would be sports viewing re: refresh rates or motion handling, and general brightness/nits. Freeview play - sounds too good to be true - how does that work and which models have them? Android vs VIDAA - pro's and cons - what does DSTV work best on?
Thanks to all the tech savvy people out there who can help!

PokerMon

Hi All. I know that this point has been raised on this forum before but the answer is not clear. Is the q8600 equivalent to the h9f or the h9f?​

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Hi All. I know that this point has been raised on this forum before but the answer is not clear. Is the q8600 equivalent to the h9f or the h9f?​
H8F I'm assuming. AFAIK H8F is 8000 and H9F is 8600.

avr-rulez said:
Is Hisense ever going to bring out a OLED panel?

Is the U9 the top of the line but has no Dolby Vision?
The U9A is a 2018 model TV. It WAS the flagship. Hisense has been really poor with their marketing.

The B8000 is the successor or should be to the U8A, and would probably be the H8F american version.

The Q8600 is the new flagship with full array local dimming, 132 zones, 120Hz refresh rate native panel, HDR10&Dolby Vision and HMDI 2.0 across all 4 HDMI inputs. This is the successor to the U9A and is the american H9F equivalent.

However Hisense refuses to acknowledge this or the local representatives just don't know!

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
I've been looking at a few HiSense models in 55 inch range - namely the U7A, B7200, and Q8600 if I can afford it. Any experiences with these? Important factors for me would be sports viewing re: refresh rates or motion handling, and general brightness/nits. Freeview play - sounds too good to be true - how does that work and which models have them? Android vs VIDAA - pro's and cons - what does DSTV work best on?
Thanks to all the tech savvy people out there who can help!
You should look at the B8000 honestly. 2 people seem unhappy with there Q8600's.
The B8000 does well with any kind of viewing really, and the brightness is pretty good.
I don't think we can get freeview play here unless I am missing something.

The B8000 has VIDAA, and its quite good. Most of it is smooth, except for tracking on DSTV now, but that's probably a DSTV now problem. Android TV will have tons more apps available to install, but I don't see the need for more then what is on VIDAA, it is a TV after all.

ahmedomar

You should look at the B8000 honestly. 2 people seem unhappy with there Q8600's.
The B8000 does well with any kind of viewing really, and the brightness is pretty good.
I don't think we can get freeview play here unless I am missing something.

The B8000 has VIDAA, and its quite good. Most of it is smooth, except for tracking on DSTV now, but that's probably a DSTV now problem. Android TV will have tons more apps available to install, but I don't see the need for more then what is on VIDAA, it is a TV after all.
Thanks Bradley, so are you saying the B8000 is probably a better buy compared to the Q8600 based on real life reviews from SA buyers. I know in terms is specs, the Q8600 wins hands down but it seems the B8000 has more happy customers

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Thanks Bradley, so are you saying the B8000 is probably a better buy compared to the Q8600 based on real life reviews from SA buyers. I know in terms is specs, the Q8600 wins hands down but it seems the B8000 has more happy customers
Basically yeah, and its better then the B7200 specs wise, but the B7200 does have android.

jones123

For those with q8600, get Hisense to send you their latest firmware, J1127. Seems to have improved my experience.
i got and update as soon as i connected to internet , dont recall the version but it did speed up menus.
no improvement on upscaling or panel consistancy