[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

PAYBACK

Expert Member
There is a setting on the xbox to fix 4k for some TVs, does that not fix that? Or does that happen on the smart TV menus and apps as well?
First XBOX needs to recognize that there is indeed a 4k TV connected to it. I was playing with Standard and Enhanced mode in system settings. But to be honest I was trying so many things I cannot tell you for certain what fixed it nor do I know what caused the flickering after that.

Have spoken to Allincluded and they will swap out unit for me.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
First XBOX needs to recognize that there is indeed a 4k TV connected to it. I was playing with Standard and Enhanced mode in system settings. But to be honest I was trying so many things I cannot tell you for certain what fixed it nor do I know what caused the flickering after that.

Have spoken to Allincluded and they will swap out unit for me.
That is good news, but yeah, it sounds like you got a returned unit.

GrantS46

Thanks. Mine are slow as well but there's definitely a bit of judder that occurs as the fade in from the left of the screen.

I've also noticed a some image tearing specifically watching soccer through the DSTV Now app. This only seems to happen with DSTV now so not sure if it's the app or the TV. Any thoughts?

Getting worried that my unit has a bit of a defect.
How is your quality through the DSTV now app? As mentioned earlier mine was terrible, it's was almost as though I was watching a 480p movie. If you watch a 4k YouTube video and there is no screen tearing then it certainly is the app. Hope this helps

PokerMon

How is your quality through the DSTV now app? As mentioned earlier mine was terrible, it's was almost as though I was watching a 480p movie. If you watch a 4k YouTube video and there is no screen tearing then it certainly is the app. Hope this helps
I figured it was the quality of the DSTV now app as well as 4K videos on YouTube are fine. I did not have this issue with my other Samsung 4k TV.

However, spoke to the Hisense agents earlier today and they reckon that some of my issues are related to the firmware. I'm waiting for them to send me the latest firmware. Hopefully it takes away the lag/judder in the menus.

GrantS46

I figured it was the quality of the DSTV now app as well as 4K videos on YouTube are fine. I did not have this issue with my other Samsung 4k TV.

However, spoke to the Hisense agents earlier today and they reckon that some of my issues are related to the firmware. I'm waiting for them to send me the latest firmware. Hopefully it takes away the lag/judder in the menus.
Ok we seem to be in the same boat when it come to the dstv app then. My Q8600 automatically updated to the latest firmware when the TV was connected to wifi

InquisitorJax

After some shipping delays, my 65Q8600 finally arrived last night.
What an upgrade from the old 48" FHD tv :)
One tip for gaming - make sure that HDMI input has game mode turned on, and increase the brightness to see more in-game detail.
One of the main reasons we went with the Q8600 over the B8000, was the handling of window reflections (anti-reflective screen + extra brightness) - we used to have to close the blinds when watching tv in the day. There's still a bit of reflection on darker scenes, but it's way better than it was :)

PAYBACK

Expert Member
After some shipping delays, my 65Q8600 finally arrived last night.
What an upgrade from the old 48" FHD tv :)
One tip for gaming - make sure that HDMI input has game mode turned on, and increase the brightness to see more in-game detail.
One of the main reasons we went with the Q8600 over the B8000, was the handling of window reflections (anti-reflective screen + extra brightness) - we used to have to close the blinds when watching tv in the day. There's still a bit of reflection on darker scenes, but it's way better than it was :)
Congrats. Picture quality is really amazing, thoroughly impressed. One "negative" aspect noted is now movies look like they are made on movie sets, if that makes sense. Happened on Daddy's Home and couldn't help noticing how setup all the scenes were :D

dhirennaidoo

Congrats. Picture quality is really amazing, thoroughly impressed. One "negative" aspect noted is now movies look like they are made on movie sets, if that makes sense. Happened on Daddy's Home and couldn't help noticing how setup all the scenes were :D
This is possibly the "Soap Opera Effect". Google it and please let me know if this is what you see. I am also very keen on the Q8600 and want to know if the SOE is an issue. There is a setting for motion interpolation you can turn off I think.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
This is possibly the "Soap Opera Effect". Google it and please let me know if this is what you see. I am also very keen on the Q8600 and want to know if the SOE is an issue. There is a setting for motion interpolation you can turn off I think.
Not SOE. Just an observation. Because of the extra definition the movie I happened to be watching looked staged in some scenes transitioning from outdoor to indoor. Another example was GOTG 2, opening scene with baby Groot the CG scenes pop out from the background. Not sure if that makes sense. Not a negative in anyway.

I was streaming 4k-8k YouTube videos and the picture was absolutely stunning!

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
You can turn that off if you turn off motion smoothing. If I watch stuff on my xbox (which is on game mode) that doesn't happen. I actually quite like SOE but it doesn't work nicely for animations like Archer for some reason.
You can turn it off on all Smart TV's

dhirennaidoo

Not SOE. Just an observation. Because of the extra definition the movie I happened to be watching looked staged in some scenes transitioning from outdoor to indoor. Another example was GOTG 2, opening scene with baby Groot the CG scenes pop out from the background. Not sure if that makes sense. Not a negative in anyway.

I was streaming 4k-8k YouTube videos and the picture was absolutely stunning!
Oh, I know what you're talking about now :laugh:. Also experienced it when I first saw the OLED TV's. Almost like too much detail?

alqassam

Expert Member
Still having an issue with the lit box. It recognises that it's connected but then says weak or no signal.

Will try a different HDMI cable soon

Anyone know where to get a longer power cable as well? My TV is wall mounted with conduits in the wall so the cable needs to be longer

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Still having an issue with the lit box. It recognises that it's connected but then says weak or no signal.

Anyone know where to get a longer power cable as well? My TV is wall mounted with conduits in the wall so the cable needs to be longer
So does it not actually work at all then?

BradleyKZN

Expert Member

It seems like either a setting on the hisense, or a problem with the HDMI cable honestly.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
No the lit box is switched on but cannot see any video on the screen.
Also, maybe ask here

PAYBACK

Expert Member
New unit received (thanks @AllIncluded ). Blooming still present to some degree, not nearly as bad as other unit. XBOX worked first time. Will play around with some settings.

However. How can Hisense not protect their screen with plastic film when shipping? Seems pretty obvious and the norm as far as I am aware. Screen on closer inspection is filthy. I can see where they have tried to clean the screen; I'm assuming as part of their "quality" control, but there is residue left over form what ever substance they use to clean panel.

Problem you have with near edge-less screens is until you have unit in its final resting place you always run risk of touching screen. The plastic film is usually the last thing you remove.

What does Hisense recommend for cleaning these panels?