Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Haven’t made pizza regularly for the last year, partly because I’ve been settling in to life over here and partly because our rental’s stove just isn’t hot enough. We’ve bought pizza from all the local shops and while they aren’t bad nothing has really wowed until recently when we got some napolitana from a pizza trailer. Proper Italian run but with a gas oven. Outstanding pizza though which sparked my interest again.
Ordered myself an Ooni koda 12 and made some pizzas over the weekend. After probably 15 years of making pizza regularly this little oven has taken pizza making to a whole new level. I’m a little taken aback at how much difference the right amount of heat makes. No more than 90 seconds to cook.
Forget the pizza stones in normal ovens. If you like making pizza these little ovens are worth the money and then some.
 
Last edited:
Haven’t made pizza regularly for the last year, partly because I’ve been settling in to live over here and partly because our rental’s stove just isn’t hot enough. We’ve bought pizza from all the local shops and while they aren’t bad nothing has really wowed until recently when we got some napolitana from a pizza trailer. Proper Italian run but with a gas oven. Outstanding pizza though which sparked my interest again.
Ordered myself an Ooni koda 12 and made some pizzas over the weekend. After probably 15 years of making pizza regularly this little oven has taken pizza making to a whole new level. I’m a little taken aback at how much difference the right amount of heat makes. No more than 90 seconds to cook.
Forget the pizza stones in normal ovens. If you like making pizza these little ovens are worth the money and then some.
Napoli base is our go aswell. I've tried Roma, but we always got back to Napoli. Fortunately our oven does get hot enough, but an Ooni is still high up on the list of wants.
 
Napoli base is our go aswell. I've tried Roma, but we always got back to Napoli. Fortunately our oven does get hot enough, but an Ooni is still high up on the list of wants.
Really is worth it. 20 minutes to warm up and then with one person building and another firing you can’t even keep up with it.
I screwed up a little and made too little dough so the pizzas were small and zero left overs. For years we chases various recipes trying to get better crusts when all that it took was a proper oven.
The 16 is probably a better choice for a serious pizza person but the 12 is more than enough and stores a little easier.
 
but iv never had gas is it good ?

with wood you get that char taste
It does have the char taste. Not wood but char.
Feel like it will develop more of that over time as the stone gets more cheese burnt on it. Yes I’m peel newb and chucked some toppings on the stone. I’ll take some pictures next time.
 
Is it too much cheese on the pizza?
df3c09d0abc334602d949253deb21728.jpg
34d1222dda425a8a93a5d3df46cffc60.jpg
 
Has anyone tried this over their braai? The reviews sounds great.

 
You've obviously not enjoyed a good jolly rogering in the early hours of the morning.

Times and places debate etc.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X