Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Potato pizza is best pizza.

3fd0b7abf19cf3ba128a710d65b314cb.jpg
I can be accused of being Irish due to my love for potatoes but no, thank you.
 
Don't knock it before you try it.

Haven't given this to a single person who didn't reckon it's one of the best things they've ever had.
So sliced raw potatoes...they'll cool through in a regular wood fired pizza oven or do you precook them?
 
Don't knock it before you try it.

Haven't given this to a single person who didn't reckon it's one of the best things they've ever had.
We hardly make pizza (probably once a month) so no real time for such experiments but yeah, maybe one day. I can eat boiled potatoes with just salt so I am sure I will like it anyways. :cool:
 
Last edited:
So sliced raw potatoes...they'll cool through in a regular wood fired pizza oven or do you precook them?

Yeah sliced potatoes, either peeled or unpeeled your choice. Blanched/boiled for about five minutes in already salted boiling water.

Mozzarella on the base, no sauce (I've experimented but never felt I gained anything).

Potatoes layered on top to cover as much of it as you can.

In my home over it's around 12-14min and then they just colour and come out perfectly. There are people that want it crunchy and pre-roast them but I've never liked that notion.

Salt heavily and put fresh rosemary on and then some parmigiano reggiano or whatever you fancy. If you want to get fancy some finishing salt gives it a nice touch and less homogenous tone.

Don't make this pizza last as it's quite filling. I usually make it right after I made a plain old Neapolitan.

****

Not what I've always used but 99% the same by the looks of it.

 
Bliksem ok. I read through the last 30 pages.

I can get one of these if I am quick. Not sure yet if it has a stainless base or a square stone. Which is better?
I will mount a thermometer on the top. What should the ideal temp be?
And lastly, any dough recipe ideas for let's say 4 pizzas? I have a Kenwood dough mixer if that helps. What flour should I get?

This is a last-minute thing as I have to do this experiment this weekend.
1717037856042.png

Fire will be made in of these firepits. They pump a lot of heat straight up.
1717038096588.png

TIA!
 
Water buffalo mozzarella
IMG_9476.jpeg
Vs standard cow mozzarella
IMG_9478.jpeg
Mistakes were made. Need to rest the mozzarella to get rid of some of the moisture but it does not burn and taste is leagues better.
Also swopped to propane gas from butane. Much better heat.
 
I was really hoping BWANA would be posting more American pizza photos here
 
I was really hoping BWANA would be posting more American pizza photos here
Haven’t had pizza since I’ve been here. Here being someplace not renowned for their pizza. Maybe in the weeks to come…
 
Haven’t had pizza since I’ve been here. Here being someplace not renowned for their pizza. Maybe in the weeks to come…
You’ll find outstanding pizza here if you look. That’s if your here is the same as my here.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X