Please Rate Axxess

Rate Axxess, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 102 48.8%
  • Good

Votes: 54 25.8%
  • Fair

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters

johncgalloway

Yeah, Axxess' service quality is good and I've had very little issue with their Fibre... but just a bit pricey especially for a capped service, taking into account the new pricing from Afrihost. But I do appreciate good service, so sticking with them so far.

zeroimpact

The support people are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
And there pricing is more expensive that other providers.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Been with Axxess for years. Everything's been excellent! Only issues I've ever experienced is shitty ADSL lines from Telkom, Fibre not being available. And recently the Axxess online chat, the operator was not professional, sarcastic and not providing assistance. But that was a minor inconvenience. Other than that I would still recommend Axxess.
Hi @Cursed_SX, apologies about that. We will definitely do better next time :). Thanks for the feedback.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Just switched all my websites to Axxess for certain features. Would have tried their fibre packages if I had coverage.
Their customer service not the fastest though.

Maybe Axxess can to better in the mobile category. Tried switching a mtn sim to use their services but unsuccessful.
Welcome to the Axxess Family @rustymh, please do PM me your account details so I can assist with the MTN SIM.

narwhaly

Axxess is really good. Haven't tried their customer support yet but thats because I haven't had a problem yet

Mr G

Using Axxess for MTN mobile data, pricing is decent, but recently found that the while using the axxess apn I have no data throughput for a while, but switching to MTN apn everything is fine. if it wasn't for that, I would have rated as excellent.

Jerd-zn

I have been using Axxess ADSL for over 10 years at home and find them to be excellent. The only serious problems I have had have been with the Telkom infrastructure and Axxess have always been efficient at helping to get things sorted out.

Myrrdin

Expert Member
Rating Axxess on three levels.
Service - Excellent - I have not experienced any problems with the support services.
Products - Poor - Had an issue with their spam filter which they implemented without notification where a receipt from my dentist was irrecoverably deleted as spam while actual spam from Mr Price got through. And please explain the difference between home uncapped and home uncapped premium on fibre in non marketing speak. I can't see a difference except the optimized for streaming addition to "premium" which can only mean they are throttling the base service to enable a R300 surcharge for "streaming" capability.
Hosting - Excellent - Nice add-on for managing hosting services. Hosting services are excellent. Had not had any downtime in my two years hosting.

Overall - Good
Advice - Do marketing speak but have some substance behind it which can be explored by more knowledgeable entities.

PurSpyk!!

Expert Member
Current use Axxess for my ADSL, want to move to fibre, and both Octotel and Frogfoot have connection boxes outside my house, but on the Axxess website, I can only select Frogfoot, why? Your site also still lists an AUP when ordering, but you say unthrottled, unshaped etc?

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Current use Axxess for my ADSL, want to move to fibre, and both Octotel and Frogfoot have connection boxes outside my house, but on the Axxess website, I can only select Frogfoot, why? Your site also still lists an AUP when ordering, but you say unthrottled, unshaped etc?
Hi @PurSpyk!!, please PM me your physical address so I may look into this. :)

Death

And please explain the difference between home uncapped and home uncapped premium on fibre in non marketing speak. I can't see a difference except the optimized for streaming addition to "premium" which can only mean they are throttling the base service to enable a R300 surcharge for "streaming" capability.
This is thankfully a thing of the past now. Got an email yesterday saying it's been done away with and they only have unshaped uncapped fibre services now. I think it's a big win for them

Myrrdin

Expert Member
This is thankfully a thing of the past now. Got an email yesterday saying it's been done away with and they only have unshaped uncapped fibre services now. I think it's a big win for them
I saw that.
I have been a customer for a long time and fibre is finally coming to my area by August so I was looking at the different isp's. Was leaning towards vox but now axxess is definitely back in the race.

PurSpyk!!

Expert Member
If you sign up for fibre they still show an AUP, which is not what was stated in the email about their new service, does the AUP still apply to the new uncapped packages? Prices still higher than other service providers, which is a pity.

Last edited:

skillet

I have placed a new FTTH order but did not get any notification or confirmation of the order. Logged a sales ticket asking for confirmation but not getting any response on the ticket.... Not the best start...

Ticket ID :
f83cg7gca3
@The Axxess Lady

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
I have placed a new FTTH order but did not get any notification or confirmation of the order. Logged a sales ticket asking for confirmation but not getting any response on the ticket.... Not the best start...

Ticket ID :
f83cg7gca3
@The Axxess Lady
Hi @skillet, I am looking into this and I will revert via the ticket logged.

Last edited: