Please Rate Axxess

Rate Axxess, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 101 57.1%
  • Good

Votes: 48 27.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 14 7.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 11 6.2%

• Total voters

Fulton17

Expert Member
From my experience, they were fine until I needed support. Then it was a disaster. Limited response to emails and when they did respond, most of the time they had not read my email; promises not kept.

Service was terrible and have cancelled my accounts with them

skillet

Ok, so this is turning out to be one heck of a circus!

If pre-sales is at this level, how on earth will it be after I have signed up!?

Now I have been invoiced for the first month of service which is supposed to be one of the 2 free months.

Check the conversation:

Me:

Hi Accounts

Why am I being billed for the fibre service on my first month?

"The activation month (month in which the service is activated with Axxess) as well as the first renewal month (the month following the activation month) are free. Clients will receive a R0.00 invoice for these first 2 billing occurrences and will only start paying the monthly fee from month 3."

Accounts department:

Good Morning
Unfortunately as seen under your Axxess profile there appears to be no Fibre services. Could you kindly advise.

Me:

Hi Shanee

That is my point. This is a new order and the promotion states:

"The activation month (month in which the service is activated with Axxess) as well as the first renewal month (the month following the activation month) are free. Clients will receive a R0.00 invoice for these first 2 billing occurrences and will only start paying the monthly fee from month 3."

Yet I am being invoiced for the service....

Not sure what I need to advise on here? I am merely the recipient of the invoice?

Accounts:

"Crick-Crick, Crick-Crick"

Me:

Update on the below please.

Accounts:

3-Days later - "Crick-Crick, Crick-Crick"

Pathetic!!!

Ebo

Already an Axxess capped fibre client for 2+ years and was looking at upgrading / signing up for the Uncapped Promo. A new modem after this time period would be a good idea I thought. No sorry, you have to be a new client. So even if I upgrade to this service I am penalised because I am a loyal customer. In order to get a new modem I need to cancel and move to Afrihost ? Doesn't make sense...

mister

Executive Member
This was my experience with Axxess a few years ago. The products might be okay but the service is beyond shite if you need any kind of support. The staff have a seeming inability to read & comprehend English, and have no apparent motivation to complete tasks.

The most you will ever get is the Axxess Lady making (empty) promises with the same lack of follow-through that you get from support. I'm pretty sure she is a bot.

BigBear

Expert Member
a Friend signed up for the Uncapped Fibre Yesterday, now he gets this..

We confirm that we have collected from Axxess - 3G Division for delivery to:

Tracking for Waybill XXXXXXXX

Collivery #XXXXXXXX is in status: Received By Branch

Delivery will be before 17:00 on 31 July 2019

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
a Friend signed up for the Uncapped Fibre Yesterday, now he gets this..

We confirm that we have collected from Axxess - 3G Division for delivery to:

Tracking for Waybill XXXXXXXX

Collivery #XXXXXXXX is in status: Received By Branch

Delivery will be before 17:00 on 31 July 2019
Hi @BigBear, please PM the client's Axxess account details so I may look into this. Thanks

Stuey74

Now I have been invoiced for the first month of service which is supposed to be one of the 2 free months.

Check the conversation:

Me:

Hi Accounts

Why am I being billed for the fibre service on my first month?

Accounts department:

Good Morning
Unfortunately as seen under your Axxess profile there appears to be no Fibre services. Could you kindly advise.

Me:

Hi Shanee

That is my point. This is a new order and the promotion states:

Yet I am being invoiced for the service....

Not sure what I need to advise on here? I am merely the recipient of the invoice?

Accounts:

"Crick-Crick, Crick-Crick"

Me:

Update on the below please.

Accounts:

3-Days later - "Crick-Crick, Crick-Crick"

Pathetic!!!

Having the exact same issue, and no one responds to the tickets.

@The Axxess Lady if you can give some sort of feedback as to why I am being charged for a new fibre line when your website clearly states I wont be? Oh yes - ticket f7fgjcb7cf has been ignored for 3 days.

skillet

Hi @skillet, apologies for any conveniences caused. Someone from Axxess will call you shortly.
So after EVERYTHING, including the call of major apologies, the cancelled order was activated this morning and my bank debited with R2710!

Guys guys guys.... I do not get aggravated easily, but THIS is testing my health at extreme levels!!!

All I can say is: Stay away as far as possible from Axxess!

skillet

@The Axxess Lady

It is getting better and better by the minute....

This is the response I got after phoning the accounts department:

Ticket:##c3mamad7b6

Hi *****,
This is in response to ticket: Cancel FTTH Order, created on 2019-07-25 15:25:06
Your services has been set to cancel for the end of August. Unfortunately we wont be able to pass a credit towards your account,Because you only get billed for the line.

Thank you.
Regards,
Catherine Jansen

Previous Correspondence
Why was the order not cancelled as requested?

Myrrdin

Expert Member
I am close to getting fibre in my neighborhood. Axxess was losing out on price but with the their drop in price they are now back in the running.
Although the service is touted as uncapped and unshaped there is still an AUP.
So reading through the AUP I noticed this under the Uncapped Fibre and DSL section.
The use of our uncapped service is for Home/Personal use only and may not be resold and may not be shared. The service may not be used to provide services, such as but not limited to, private servers, email and vpn services, network services.
I would like to find out what the impact of this statement is on my personal cloud storage which admittedly is dog slow when I connect remotely but I was hoping this will increase with getting fibre. Does that fall under a private server?

I don't see similar restrictions on other ISPs.

edit p.s. Although that is my main concern I also occasionally host an ARK server where me and some close friends are playing ARK. Limited to four players. Does that also fall under private servers?

joshsparkie

Hi Axxess.

I am currently on your 100mbps Uncapped FTTH on Openserve.

Just a bit worried with overall latency to international destinations (mainly EU AWS servers), my traceroutes look like this on Axxess and when I switch over to my Vox account the latency on the final hop is +- 20ms less almost always:

Below tests are to Amazon Web Services EU North server and EU West server
Axxess account traceroutes:

Vox account traceroutes:
1566081857132.png