• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Please Rate Telkom Internet

Rate Telkom Internet, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 72 16.9%
  • Good

Votes: 125 29.3%
  • Average

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 52 12.2%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 84 19.7%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom Internet based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom Internet does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Sneed

The fact that they wont budge on a faulty adsl line is criminal, im without internet now for over a month due to a line fault which they wont repair. Instead they are trying to tie me to a 24 month contract with a ridiculous FUP...#GoFlyaKite

leighfc

I was on ADSL with Telkom and the line kept dropping and the port needed resetting. Trying to contact them was a nightmare.

I TRIED to upgrade to Fiber with them and after having everything installed more than 6mnths ago I'm still waiting for them set me up to be able to use the Fiber line (only received the modem last week). No-One can setup the user details so the modem can connect to them so I can get internet access. So now I'm trying to cancel the order so I can go to a company that can actually give me access.

Dreamer

In my area LTE-A is awesome and is nice and fast compared to the LTE which seemed to be very congested.
The billing dept can be a nightmare to deal with.

gamerica

Telkom ADSL - Trying to contact them was a nightmare, we had about 2months of multiple line drops.
Package pricing is good though

zs6ro

The Telkom product offering is VERY GOOD. (HomeUnlimited ADSL)

But, the quality of the ADSL line service is VERY POOR.

The quality of SERVICE is also POOR.

GavGold

The poll is a little broad.... Telkom Internet:

• Value offering is good
  • General performance of 10Mbs fibre is ok (on average)
  • The performance on associated SIM offered as part of the package is below average to horrible
  • Don't EVER need the call centre - you can spend 30+ min waiting and then not get a resolution
  • If you do need a technician they're pretty prompt and really try and resolve the problem - average to above average

Good value for money. They do tend to just die sometimes with no explanation (I am on fixed LTE) but they normally get back up after a week or so. My primary reason for staying is the price and the speed. Nothing else in my area matches.

Sweep

Technical support is pathetic if you are lucky to get through to someone - the call centre can only manage what is on their screen in front of them. They block SMTP routing so I CANNOT SEND EMAILS to my other ISP's servers when my phone switch to the Telkom wifi network, UNLESS I AM PREPARED TO RECONFIGURE my mail every time they tell me. Bandwidth good and stable. good value if they can get there act together and provide support the same way they do sales.

ZSK

Products are extremely competitive. Service is a nightmare both via call centre and at the stores. Things that can be resolved in a minute generally take months to fix.