Please Rate Telkom Internet

Rate Telkom Internet, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Good

Votes: 126 29.2%
  • Average

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 54 12.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 85 19.7%

• Total voters

Vhoni

With Telkom you basically get what you pay for, well priced deals with terrible service to go with it.

gloryboy

Currently on telkom fibre, installation was quick and have not had any billing or line issues so far, but might be because of my area. Currently on month 6.

ponder

Honorary Master
Never really had many issues with them over the years. Probably had 3 occassions of noisy copper but that got sorted. ISP wise they had a issue a year or two ago with capacity which took some time to get sorted but ranger & co kept at it.

Had no issues since I moved to fiber besides one or two short isp outages which were under an hour if not mistaken.

lucifir

Expert Member
Their Offering and value for money is very good, but they service levels are terrible.
If they can improve their service levels, they would increase their revenue immensely

Telkom are very competitively priced and supplies a consistent bandwidth even when the weather (especially the wind) is bad. Service problems are sorted speedily.

anh

Pro's: Competitive pricing, good bundled deals, never had an issue with the service - good uptime figures.

Cons: Any intervention with Telkom is a nightmare - Billing department, fault reporting system in need of a serious overhaul

I'm happy with the cost of my 20mbs fibre connection.
I'm happy with the network quality
I'm most unhappy with call centre 'service'.

knojoko

The Telkom product offering is VERY GOOD.

But, the quality of the ADSL line service is POOR.

The quality of SERVICE is POOR.

The offering is good.
Have had a few issues with the phone line being damaged or something being damaged. Had the tech out within a day or two and issue resolved.
When I have called the call center have been answered in a few moments, possibly a minute or two, and had my issue resolved.
They discounted a few rands off my premium when the line was down at one stage

Umzimbeet

Competitive prices, I have Home Unlimited 20Mbps ADSL and all was well until just now.
My modem is syncing at 20479 kbps but when I do a speedtest I get the below result. This was measured with my laptop as the only device connected to the modem and WIFI switched off. When I tried the chat line it seems they were all too busy and then 5PM arrived and that's when they knock off.
Ping: 30ms
Download: 9.85Mbps
Upload: 1.03Mbps

Ping: 29ms
Download: 10.26Mbps
Upload: 1.08Mbps

As I'm not a gamer and only really use the internet for surfing, the service is not too bad. It can be unreliable at times with speeds fluctuating from hero to zero in minutes, or even seconds. The price is relative good value for money. And recently I seemed to have had faster and better response from their customer care portals. In general it is the best option for me as fiber is not yet available in my area.

Eti1

Expert Member
I have no complaints with my adsl product. The pricing and FUP is good. Luckily I don't have too much down time. The speed is relatively consistent. Even got refunded an amount once when the adsl was down for a while (barely noticed but okay, thanks Telkom).

Service wise, I have had good experiences with the call centre.

Pretty good overall.

Chriswm

I am generally happy with Telkom Mobile. Friday/Saturday evening speeds are however very poor.

The "Uncapped" cap of 300Gb before being heaviliy shaped, hasn't been updated for years now. Come'on, Telkom, please increase it to at least 500gb!

fundutzi

This survey in my view is not any good.
One cannot combine this all.

Give a few sub options on each.
An example could be.
Rate ISP on the following:
a. Billing portal.
b. Support issues.
c. Quality of network.
d. Value for money.

All will be highly subjective, yes.

With the current poll, an example.
Telkom infrastructure network is excellent.
Value for money is very good.
They are utter useless if you have to interact with sales, billing or support.

Occido

They would have been perfect in terms of deals...and generally speaking reliability wise we don't have that many problems. Concerning their cancelation department and troubleshooting department ... it doesn't need an overhaul. They should demolish the building, and ship everyone involved to some far off Carribean place and just start anew. Their cancellation problems and horrible customer service is so bad I would rate them 2/5 where fixing this would place them in a comfy 4/5

V happy with Telkom fibre - just don't change anything once it works .

good
great value packages
10 mbps fibre great - 1 year zero issues
efficient accounts dept

bad
adsl widely marketed but QOS neglected
call centre service needs serious overhaul & efficient trained staff
unreliable IT systems often down
website a maze