Please Rate Telkom Internet

Rate Telkom Internet, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Good

Votes: 126 29.2%
  • Average

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 54 12.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 85 19.7%

• Total voters

Metallicson

LTE subscription, good price, o/k speed for my needs, lower cost for top-up data than other ISP's, debit order payment- no problems.
Cons, I don't think you can do Gaming nor stream movies, I don't do those- downloads music videos- o/k.

BlondeGuy

With regards to pricing on their FTTH - great value.
The service of their FTTH.... I don't even think there is a word to describe how pathetic it is...

Logged a fault, yet again, when calling back to eventually find out what is happening regarding the fault, the phone was slammed, yes, SLAMMED, down in my ear....

Its been 3 weeks now and still they are refusing to give me any update on the fault. Cant wait for the contract term to end so that I can have another big struggle to have it cancelled.

GforceD

Executive Member
I've been happy with Telkom, the value for megabyte is going great, their service well let not talk about that.

tacar

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom Internet based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom Internet does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
QUALITY OF SERVICE IS EXTREMELY POOR, THE BILLING IS POSSIBLY WORSE AND THEY WASTE PAPER......6 PAGES TO MY ACCOUNT, ONLY THE FIRST PAGE IS MY ACCOUNT ...THE REST IS RUBBISH .........THINK OF THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Value for money 2/5
Network quality 4.5/5
General service 1/5

Telkom is very quick when you eventually get a fault notification in.
Telkom is the worst when you want to change or upgrade. Why do you have to call the dreaded number and wait for hours if you get answered at all.

There should be a law if you can apply online you should be able to cancel, amend or upgrade online.

arnals

Very fast LTE ( 30 to 70 Mbs) at a price I can afford for 40GB day and 40GB night.
Maybe I live in an area with not too many LTE subscribers

Scarletian

4/5

Pro's: Competitive pricing, good bundled deals

Cons: Billing department is a nightmare, fault reporting system in need of a serious overhaul
Luckily I haven't had to deal with the Billing department. Touch wood. So far so good.

Flyer007

Good - uptime is pretty reliable. D/load speed is generally what I pay for.
Not so good - price is pretty high compared to fibre offerings. No Telkom fibre in my area.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
4/5 - 10Mbps uncapped ADSL ... I will give you your fifth star when you offer me fibre or 40Mbps VDSL.

Very happy with them since I moved back from Afrihost. Very happy with their online service and resolved all my issues.

Had only excellent service from Telkom technicians when with moving a business line to our residential address (different line to ADSL). They even moved the line on the date they agreed without impact our business relocation.

Antcs

Telkom LTE. almost 3 years now. Was good but getting worse. have to reboot router every 3 or so days. stable for a while then REALLY R E A L L Y. slow... fibre about 5 months away...

Pricing is pretty good on my fixed LTE but quality has definitely degraded over the years and their customer service is pathetic.

vNatius

STAY AWAY. Took 10 months to cancel my LTE-A and now they sent a debt collector after me for the subs they charged me AFTER I cancelled.

ranger

Expert Member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom Internet based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom Internet does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
It seems that very few people so far know that "Telkom Internet" is the retail (mainly) fixed-line ISP, that would be an equivalent to e.g. Afrihost when MTN owned them, or Vox (vs Frogfoot). This should not be used to complain about an ADSL line itself (just as you wouldn't complain about Afrihost's ADSL line stability or Vox etc.).

Notice that Vumatel, MTN, and Vodacom are missing here? They are other companies offering last-mile fixed-line infrastructure. The peers here are (if you look at the top of the page): "Please Rate Your ISP – Telkom Internet | MWEB | Afrihost | Axxess | Webafrica | Cybersmart | Cool Ideas | Internet Solutions | Vox"

Telkom Internet does have a limited mobile internet offering, the SIMs that can be linked to Telkom Internet accounts.

However, there isn't really an "LTE package" or "LTE subscription", so if you're rating that, you've come to the wrong place ...

But, the quality of the ADSL line service is POOR.
Off-topic here ...

But, the quality of the ADSL line service is VERY POOR.
Off-topic here ...

LTE started out great but has slowly degraded in terms of latency and speed
Off-topic here ....

Good value for money. They do tend to just die sometimes with no explanation (I am on fixed LTE) but they normally get back up after a week or so.
Off-topic here ...

TMM

Expert Member
Good network quality and value for money.
Client communication with humans is still something that needs major improvement, as is positive reaction to requests.

Fibre.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Telkom Internet 3/5

It's rated like that because Telkom is both my ISP and my access provider. The local exchange is oversold and my actual throughput drops to around 10Mbps during the day on a 20Mbps line. The copper is degrading, and fibre isn't on the horizon for me, despite being willing to pay extra for it. When it comes to using the internet, there is a hit to Netflix streaming quality during peak times, most noticeably when the stream is starting. Stability is, however, decent overall. Minor hiccups experienced include authentication servers going down, DNS issues, and the occasional international access issue. I'm happy with Telkom as an ISP. I'm not happy with them as an access provider.

20Mbps ADSL

Wilma Lombaard

Telkom frustrates me as they advertise services that they cannot provide (LTE & 3G), you only find this out when you are already signed up. Internet speed vary from 0 - 51 b/s and changes by the second.

Sirthoz

Telkom is great in speed but for prices please build your network cause you discriminate your own customers when it comes to data bundles

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Telkom LTE- Average speed. Can sometimes drop when there is congestion.
FUP is a joke. "uncapped" my ass.