Please Rate Telkom Internet

Rate Telkom Internet, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Good

Votes: 126 29.2%
  • Average

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 54 12.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 85 19.7%

• Total voters

David101

5/5
Have Telkom Fibre Capped
Had a 2 or 3 days hiccup a month or so ago. Complained on Twatter and TelkomZA sorted tjop-tjop

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Value for money 2/5
Network quality 4.5/5
General service 1/5

Telkom is very quick when you eventually get a fault notification in.
Telkom is the worst when you want to change or upgrade. Why do you have to call the dreaded number and wait for hours if you get answered at all.

There should be a law if you can apply online you should be able to cancel, amend or upgrade online.
And when it's time to pay your bill online the site is normally down...………...

Have anybody experienced problems with Telkom suddenly suspending your service due to and amount being in arrears? They do not send my bill like they should, I pay every month without fail (an estimated amount) now suddenly my service have been suspended. They can't give me a date or month when I didn't pay. They give gibberish answers of you failed to notice (If I received an account I would have) the 15% vat, you paid for your line but not the bandwith. I paid the so called arears amount yesterday morning. I now have to wait for 48 hours before the suspension will be removed. Half of the time when I "have" internet there is no signal. I made the huge mistake of taking our cellphone contracts. They fail to tell you before the time that there is hardly ever signal in our area, they permanently roam on MTN 3g? You can never get through to a supervisor they are forever in meetings and won't be able to help you in any case as apparently it is and automated process.

Hectic

Executive Member
The fact that they wont budge on a faulty adsl line is criminal, im without internet now for over a month due to a line fault which they wont repair. Instead they are trying to tie me to a 24 month contract with a ridiculous FUP...#GoFlyaKite
Go to to the ICASA website and register a complaint. It is not super fast, but seems to be fairly effective. It has worked twice for me.

ponder

Honorary Master
Have anybody experienced problems with Telkom suddenly suspending your service due to and amount being in arrears? They do not send my bill like they should, I pay every month without fail (an estimated amount) now suddenly my service have been suspended. They can't give me a date or month when I didn't pay. They give gibberish answers of you failed to notice (If I received an account I would have) the 15% vat, you paid for your line but not the bandwith. I paid the so called arears amount yesterday morning. I now have to wait for 48 hours before the suspension will be removed. Half of the time when I "have" internet there is no signal. I made the huge mistake of taking our cellphone contracts. They fail to tell you before the time that there is hardly ever signal in our area, they permanently roam on MTN 3g? You can never get through to a supervisor they are forever in meetings and won't be able to help you in any case as apparently it is and automated process.
Why not registet on their portal and get the bill emailed to you or download it? You cannot rely on the postal service.

Telkom 10MB uncapped ADSL, everything works great and the fair usage policy is good compared to other adsl providers. only thing is though fibre 20MBs is coming in at the same price as a 10mb adsl so they either need to upgrade or drop the price soon

Migrant

Telkom's phone support has improved immensely over this year. Response to tech issues usually within 24 hours max. Telkom are the only provider really cutting waves on prices. Same applies to voice bundles. I am happy to put up with a few issues now and then (are responses from the competition that much more sparkling?) in exchange for the best pricing.