Please Rate Telkom Internet

Rate Telkom Internet, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Good

Votes: 126 29.2%
  • Average

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 54 12.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 85 19.7%

• Total voters
Telkom LTE in the industrial area where I work is gradually showing signs of improvement to what wasn't bad to start off with. Businesses are likely switching over to fibre leaving me the LTE broadband for myself! I've never really had bad experience with Telkom, but their fibre deals aren't as good as some other ISPs, so for now, Telkom LTE is mine!

SmoooF

Got a request from Telkom (Openserve) to install fiber at our complex. After I followed up twice to understand when they would like to install and general logistics, Openserve didn’t respond. Left it there, as we already had Vuma, but having an alternative would have been good.

Telkom LTE was great for the last 2 year's. Now it Seems they have over subscribed. My download speed drops to under 2mbps in the evenings. Seriously unusable at night. I'm not sure who or how to complain to Telkom to get something done about it.. sad...

Up in the NW province I have the following to say:
1) overpriced (for my 10mb line)
2) speed on my uncapped is awesome
3) the odd occasional dip in responsiveness over weekends

TimBru14

Bundled offers are generally very good value for money. ADSL related issues are few and far between which is great but the people that tend to the faults are generally incompetent and the billing department can be a nightmare at times (doesn't happen often but I've been billed for a Business Uncapped ADSL account when we have a home account on occasion)

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom Internet based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom Internet does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Okay right the data bundles are very cheap and friendly meaning lasts longer than other networks but it doesn’t cover the area Dennilton 5morgan so I’m struggling around the area I had to drive to Groblersdal 35km which is the nearest town to utilize my data bundles otherwise, I wish they could fix this then I enjoy my subscription permanently. Thanks

1/5
Service is generally meh. Worst of all in the suburb I live in "Merrivale, Howick, KwaZulu-Natal" if the power goes off so does our internet and telephone lines, even though we have a diesel generator. Apparently upon asking why my family cant make calls Telkom said that their Merrivale station batteries are too expensive to replace, so it stays un-operational. So if me or my family is in an emergency situation at home without a cellphone then we have no means of getting in contact with emergency services. It baffles me that something like a telephone line goes down during load shedding / power outage.

tlou9755

At least it must expand its LTI coverage to rural areas. Otherwise Telkom data prices are very fair especially m'o nice bundles though they sometimes change from time to time.

Elax

I'm about 400m from my LTE tower, but get no speeds higher than 10Mbps, this morning it's a 10th of that

fish_man

Expert Member
Got 10MB Telkom ADSL - Uncapped
Not getting value for my money as speed tests always gives me between 4-6mb and pings are high.
So i'm basicly paying for a 10mb line with a 4 - 6mb experience.

DanDango

Executive Member
Telkom Internet: as a ISP is like a roller coaster ride. The high is when it work 100% is great but like a roller coaster you are only on top for a short time. The low is terrible, slow not loading web pages but speed test runs like a train full steam.

Shaun108

Executive Member
It's great value for money. Call centre is a headache if you have a problem though - It's common to wait 30 mins or longer to speak to an operator or agent. Billing is okay if you have a debit order. Line faults and internet faults are generally resolved quickly if you PM TelkomZA here.

Tesh S

Quality of the ADSL line is not good, and trying to cancel a service or amend a current deal is a nightmare.

ranger

Expert Member
Got 10MB Telkom ADSL - Uncapped
Not getting value for my money as speed tests always gives me between 4-6mb and pings are high.
So i'm basicly paying for a 10mb line with a 4 - 6mb experience.
But, what speed is your DSL line syncing at?

shutterbug

Wish I knew who to contact at Telkom LTE with external aerial 8 mbps at 6 in the morning and down to 5 and sometimes less in the evening. Can't download DSTV in HD quality only SQ. Have contacted faults on numerous occasions set routed\r to manual 4G and Telkom