Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 109 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 194 35.6%
  • Average

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 67 12.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 96 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sometimes their online support personnel are really dense, but otherwise I am still happy with them after 8 years (got an 8ta 10GB pm contract when that came out).

supersunbird

Honorary Master
After a landline / fibre has been installed, Telkom customer service drops to zero.
Telkom had teams in the street over my whole neighbourhood, offerering to upgrade from ADSL line to fibre at the same monthly cost as existing packages. I accepted and got fibre, but never signed for a different contract (more data, higher speed).
After a few months my invoice doubled, and it took me hours (yes HOURS) on the Telkom support line (10210) to get to anybody that could somewhat help me with the problem. I asked to be returned to my earlier monthly premium, or else for Telkom to prove that I have signed up for a more expensive package (which I have not).
Eventual answer from Telkom is that I should prove that I do not have an upgraded contract with them. How do you prove something that does not exist ?

The poll is for mobile, guess @rpm didn't make that clear enough.

Last edited:

LYNDOR

Telkom is good when it comes to Network coverage and the roaming that changes to MTN automatically is great.
Value for for money is also a big bonus.

However the service satisfaction is the worst ever it's really pathetic, you can be on the customer care line for more then 30 minutes without any assistance. At time you can call 5 times a day without getting through.
Also its very hard to cancel a expired contract as they will still bill you for a device that is not in use.
If they can beef up their customers service they would be the best Network provider according to me.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Am always ok with Telkom when you recharge you get free minutes for the same value for a week. And it is wise that when you want data first buy airtime and change it to data there you will get value for your money

TimBru14

Coverage is generally good (my main SIM is with Cell C but I have a second SIM from Telkom Mobile to take advantage of their LTE deals). Haven't had any real issues with the mobile network to mention.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
For mobile only, my biggest gripe would be coverage.

If we're talking Fixed-LTE, let's just stop the conversation before we even get to the FUP, lest I drop my rating to rock bottom.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I have their Fixed Uncapped LTE deal and it's going swell.

4/5 because there are some congestion issues around 18:00 to 21:00 and some nights at midnight it cuts off for no reason. I presume for billing and accounting purposes. Also, despite them asking for my proof of residence to update my profile on the system my address still shows incorrect

Olddude

No support through "Chat" for my fibre. No Mobile where I go on holiday. I have had to help 10 persons in our retirement village because Telkom advertise low cost LTE coverage and sell a package and the retired persons find out that there is NO coverage (Speed test = <0,5Mbps). Don't trust their "Coverage Map"

BlackBiker

Telkom offers value for money, but the network is shitty during peak hours and their free me package when it comes to calling landlines doesnt work so well the minutes run out so fast and call quality is average at best

azaza

Pathetic........No customer service, they debited my bank account an amount of R199 for a cellphone that I never received

Totempole

Expert Member
Customer service is exceptionally poor, but at least they're consistent. ;)

Network quality (provided you're in a TM coverage zone) and value is pretty good though, as long as you know what you're looking for.

Not a fan of the constant mobile systems outages/maintenance, but they mostly seem to occur around midnight.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Really poor performance from Telkom Mobile where I stay, even the places where there are 4G coverage it's on and off between Roaming, then 3G, then after a while the 4G symbol. Don't be tempted by their cheap bundles bcs the service quality is just as cheap.

mintym01

Worst Network ever waiting over 2 months for a query to get resolved

Im getting over charged every month

Bee52100

We are somewhat satisfied. At least they caught the guys who were stealing our data. It was obviously an inside job.

Status
Not open for further replies.