Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 109 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 194 35.6%
  • Average

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 67 12.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 96 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobspmb

Best move we made changing from mtn to Telkom. Had problems with cable theft on our landline, cancellation of our landline went smoothly done online. Got a freeme deal to replace landline, very happy with deal. Got a data deal as well, loving the speed no problems, changed all our cell sims to Telkom, loving when u put R10 u get free R10. No content charges best thing ever. Only thing with Telkom check coverage before signing up on any deals.

MarshieZhanje

We are doing a quick survey on how happy subscribers are with their mobile operator.

Can you please rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.
the worst service provider I have ever encountered they never have network

dotcat

Uncapped fixed LTE for R599 - consistently hits 70+ Mbps, hardly ever goes down.
Prepaid Freeme bundles offer the best value for money of any operator. R70/500MB keeps me going the entire month. Coverage doesn't matter as you can roam on MTN.

Very good experience!

qscwbt

Expert Member
I left MTN tired of being raped. Moved to Telkom. On the free me 20 gig deal for R605.00

• 20GB of Data
  • Free Calls to Telkom Mobile & Telkom Fixed Line (FUP of 3000 Minutes per month)
  • Free Calls to other Networks (FUP of 1500 minutes per month)
  • Free SMSs : Unlimited, capped at 50 SMSs per day (Notification via SMS, then commence charging at OOB rate). Includes MMS. Excludes premium rated numbers.
  • Free IM and VoIP: 2GB on account per month on WhatsApp, BBM & Viber (throttling to 64kbps – 32 up + 32 down – after reaching the FUP Limit)
  • LIT_ Music Streaming: FUP of 10GB on Apple Music, Google Play Music, Simfy Africa
  • LIT_ Video Streaming: FUP of 50GB on Showmax, Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies
  • Free WiFi access @ Telkom Hotspots Nationwide (10GB)

beat that mtn

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Horrible service from Telkom Mobile, outstanding from Telkom itself.
Nonexistent service support. If I could - I'd switch my landline to any other provider on the planet.

H_Justini

I'm very Happy with Telkom. I ported to them in 2012 and have never had to call their customer service ever! Data and calls are cheap. coverage is good and it roams on mtn where coverage is not so great. I have no issues with them at all.

Over-Dose

If I could - I'd switch my landline to any other provider on the planet.

Contrary to what Telkom tells their customers, VoIP IS supported on anything other than a fibre connection. Just has to be a pretty good internet connection.

When I moved to LTE from ADSL, I also found a 3rd party VoIP service which has no monthly fees, you just pay once off setup fee, and then buy whatever airtime you beee. So I moved my landline to that, as I wanted to be paying for one product (Telkom LTE) and run landline off that product.

And you can retain your existing landline number as well during that process.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Havent had an issue with their network. Admittedly, the MTN roaming outside of a major City is annoying.
The amount of Value Added products that I receive are also a bit much, but when I am in a city, no issues to report.

One of the 80% I guess.

Metallicson

Some people need to read ..... it's Telkom Mobile being asked about here.

OT - I'm very happy with them, think I've had one issue in 2 years.

You should direct your observation at MBB, the header reads, RATE TELKOM, it should read, RATE TELKOM MOBILE. I am on a MTN contract, when replacing my landline with LTE, I did months of research before opting for TELKOM. Best deals of all the ISP's. Needless to say, I am happy with their service, not ecstatic, but happy.

interpros

They've improved significantly since the last time I had to deal with them. The Telkom network has performed better than expected, especially in the rural areas when I visit. On the other hand, it seems though, that once they get that initial sign-off and get your money, the customer service drops significantly. It still much better than it used to be.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Horse manure is about the most endearing thing that I can compare Telkom service (?) to.
Funny, I've tried them all but Vodacom and Telkom have been the best of a sorry bunch to me. At least their store managers are approachable (at least mine was).

xugabunch

Rated it just Good, simply due to their coverage - the connection is poor in Doornpoort Pretoria. I pick up GPRS on one side of the house. The download speed is 2.41Mbps and Upload 1.43Mbps. I can only dream of 4G :crying:................... *As I change my rating*

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Besides taking very long to deliver my phone, I've had very good service uo to now. Jowen at the Telkom shop in stellenbosch also gave me excellent service when I wanted to add my old number to the contract.

djagerw

Bad reception / signal at home and at work. Have tried multiple times to add bundles via Telkom App, never succeeded. Always had to use web browser to do this.

myspotonline

Telkom data deals suits me perfectly. I usual recharge with freeme bundles and I get more than just data. 300 mins Telkom to Telkom per month is so cool.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
All of us in the house have switched to TM and we rely pretty heavily on the FreeMe deals. Rarely do we have to roam on MTN.

Zarnicate

When I hear Telkom I want to run as far as I can. Pathetic service. I had LTE with them when I originally got it I was getting 70mbs over roughly 2 years it dropped to 5mbs max if I am lucky was normally 1.5mbs. Had technicans out etc...still horrible. Got fiber and tried to cancel. Went to store to cancel filled in forms etc......still got billed for 5 months before I could get it cancelled fully.....no refund either even though I have not being using their crappy useless product.

Kobus de Kock

Value for money but service not so much. Walk into a Telkom shop and sit down (or stand) and wait. And then you have to hope you get the one person in the shop that listens and knows what information you need and how to share it with you - all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.