Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 109 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 194 35.6%
  • Average

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 67 12.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 96 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_ONE

Executive Member
I've had better lte coverage with Telkom, so they rated better than CellC for me

Khanrt

My biggest gripe with Telkom is that the signal is very low and unstable. I get almost no data connection when in certain areas.

Friday13th

LTE coverage is good, but 3G/H+ is lacking in Roodepoort. My 3G router goes to Edge mode there.My last phone call to Telkom Mobile customer service was on a Thursday morning earlier this year at around 11am and it was ringing for 20 minutes without anybody picking up. I have never bothered contacting them again. My query was why my prepaid voucher had not loaded. Going to the Telkom store is a nightmare. They have a queue system, but the wait time was 2 hrs last time I went there. My suggestion is they separate their mobile from the landline/ADSL business. It's unfair to wait in a queue behind somebody who wants to know why they are still being billed for services when their landline has been inactive for months, when you want to sign a sim-only contract.

wrinklyo

Telkom is not too bad when everything is working fine - BUT - if something goes wrong and you've got to find someone to fix it or help you: Abandon hope all ye who enter here! I went to a telkom shop to collect a router. I stood in the queue for an hour and a half, so I thought, let me go find my wife in the mall and have some coffee at Woolies and come back when it's quieter - which I did - I then came back and the queue HAD NOT MOVED!! It eventually took me another 2 hours to get to the teller, and there were only 6 people in the queue. Sheez!

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Poor poor poor,
LTE dog slow with full signal.
No Service most days.
Bought 2 new prepaid sim cards the other day to test, and both not activated as yet, 9 days and counting.
Call Center says I must go to the store, the store says I must phone the Call Center?

I O U

Bought 2 new prepaid sim cards the other day to test, and both not activated as yet, 9 days and counting. Call Center says I must go to the store, the store says I must phone the Call Center?

I had an addit. 4G SIM activated last week and it was done in-store, for the record, and if that'll help you in any way.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
I had an addit. 4G SIM activated last week and it was done in-store, for the record, and if that'll help you in any way.
I went to two different stores, both had no idea what was happening, after opening about 5 sims they still could not get one activated. So they said I must phone the Call Center and the center said I must go to the store.

I O U

I went to two different stores, both had no idea what was happening, after opening about 5 sims they still could not get one activated. So they said I must phone the Call Center and the center said I must go to the store.

Highly irritating when the left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing :(

Last edited:

blowdart18

Just to add my second comment on Telkom, recently moved over from Cell C and upgraded to a FreeMe 20gig and I am pleasantly surprised.

For the first time in my life I am able to stream music on the go, I don't worry about data when showing friends youtube videos, and still have data for days. The value for money is definitely an added advantage on the network.

CharlesP01

Telkom is the only reliable network where I live. They have the best pre-paid deals as well. They may not have the fastest network but reliability is more important.

Budza

Executive Member
To add random feedback:

Telkom SIM cards are feeble.

I'm not sure if there's a difference between MNOs and their SIM manufacturers or the materials used in each SIM.

I don't swap SIMs often, but Telkom ones have crapped out on me at least three times (not once for MTN/CellC, for reference)

I wonder if that's another comparison MyBB could do between MNOs? SIM durability :p

Status
Not open for further replies.