Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 109 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 194 35.6%
  • Average

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 67 12.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 96 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elro

In this order -
In other words I would rather be without internet and a phone than ever give this miserable company another cent.

I enjoy root canal so much more than trying to get hellkom to stop billing me for services i don't have that they never delivered.

even the stupid ceo's office can't sort it out. another fine example of what cANCer is doing to parastatals.

Nips

I run dual SIM Vodacom and Telkom. IMO Vodacom's network is in general better but for the most part the Telkom signal does the job and is far better value for money.

leveypa

With no other actual land-line competitor to compare with they are essentially the benchmark. Bloated, arrogant and inefficient parastatal.
Sigh. The survey is about mobile providers and had nothing to do with fixed lines.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I wish that I could rate service separately. The products are brilliant but dealing with branches and call centers makes me want to punch someone.

BUXYBOY

TELKOM gets the worst wrap on SM and unfairly most times. i list TELKOM as the best in terms of coverage and value for money. FACT

R13...

Honorary Master
Great value for money but patchy network coverage. Rated higher because they cover my place better than my primary Vodacom number.

Migrant

I find Telkom ok. I converted from Vodacom. Their data and voice deals beat everyone else. Coverage in northern Johannesburg is fine. However, administratively they are a nightmare. It took me 7 or 8 visits to their Nicolway store to get my initial contract sorted out and still there were errors. This is a tragedy because potentially they have a good product. That's why my rating is only
'Good'.

HeatherL

Had a HUGE issue when I ordered my upgrade online. Took 3 months to resolve then packed up after 1 month. Telkom couldnt resolved it and eventually took it to Samsung to sort it out. No signal whatsoever in the Drakensberg where I like to go for regular breaks and signal not great at the coast. Moving back to MTN with my next contract.

DanDango

Executive Member
Happy in general with Telkom mobile. Network can be better, plus point never send a cent on OOB, Mo'Nice you get nice deals.

vtwerner

Telkom products and offerings aren't bad but their customer service is really really really really crappy. The only way to go is prepaid.

MikeSA

LTE persistently disconnects. Telkom Support cannot resolve. Their data pruices are sonewhat much cheaper than the networks but tend to deplete quite fast.

chainsaw9099

Pathetic I requested my telkom line to be moved three weeks ago. No response No call back.
I been calling for the past week and there system been down ever since. Going to cancel and and look at VoIP.
Try Vodacom my Friend, there the waiting is never ending.

sammytebza

We are doing a quick survey on how happy subscribers are with their mobile operator.

Can you please rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.
1. Network quality too poor, I bought data but I was unable to use them the way I wanted until to the expiry date and I loosed those date just like.
2. The mo'nice offers don't change anymore, we buy the same offers for a month or more now boring.
Please fix your network quality it's killing us, as I speak there's a network problem and it's been 2 days now.

Corrie88

Jumped ship from team red to team blue few months back, and I've never been happier. I personally know a lot of people that has major complaints about Telkom to get their issues resolved or inquiries responded to, but I have yet to experience this myself.

Although coverage is not all that great (yet), their network is expanding pretty quick and you can use them just about anywhere in SA nowadays. Best of all is what you get for the PRICE, and the subsequent savings of your hard-earned Mandela's

De_Duckness

Moved over from Vodacom, now we have two contracts for the price of one, with better benefits. Their Freeme packages is great when you have family members on Telkom mobile. Also in my case I have better coverage with Telkom in the areas I frequent.

nurudeen

Telkom's coverage and speed is good most of the time..
The only problem I have with Telkom is that they go into maintenance without telling you nothing when you could've purchased a bundle before the maintenance..Nooo..They DGAF about their customers..They just do as they please

Over-Dose

I moved to fixed Telkom Uncapped LTE beginning of last year. Ever since then I had 6 months of good network service (from the beginning), and 12 months of constant reporting slow or degrading speed issues in my area. It seems a bit better now (touch wood), but I don’t want to jinx that by saying it out too loud.

And the faults take FOREVER to get resolved (even when I was on landline & ADSL - but now I’ll refer only to the LTE component now as mentioned above).

Then there’s their FUP which boggles my mind on an UNCAPPED package (so I won’t ramble on that one), and then also the occasional shaping of Internet traffic.

All this makes for a very below average rating from my side, and I know, in my area, I’m not alone in having the same issues.

koki4

I have prepaid telkom land line(waya waya something like R160 per year for receiving calls) ,
Fibre, They were first to go live in our street, Vuma delayed the launging despite they dig the street same time only went live 5 months later.MTN amd MetroFibre still not live :-(
I conected with OpenServe, with anopther ISP, Never been happier, for year and half never been down , constant speeds, except few evenings, 10mbs down is good enough for Netflix, and other streaming few devises at the same times have my CCTV on it too, Real Broadband.. at least for me..
Then I put all family on Telkom Mobile, Cheepest Data, and voise packages, to call eachother. My Sons tablet he gets 1Gb data for R12 (On network only) but at his school is covered well)
Been trough Vodacom MTN, CellC,and FNB, all are pathetic but Telkom gives me best benefits -Value for money for not too data hungry mobile users

Status
Not open for further replies.