Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 82 51.9%
  • Good

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • Average

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 17 10.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

CPTBoy

Been with them over a year now and I've not had any issues to be honest.

Everything works as expected and the 200/200 package is a good price.
Streaming, gaming and general downloads all fly.

Happy customer here.

Temujin

Expert Member
Years now on 100/50 fibre with them... I can count on one hand the amounts of times I've been down... and every one of those times its been sorted within 15min or so

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Great ISP, just their current method of signing up for new products/services SUCKS. I guess that's because they've outgrown their business model.
But yes.. using them on ADSL here.

ZAP_Tech

I have had a fat pipe account for years i use to used the bolt on uncapped to get the most of it, it has been discontinued fairly recently but my experience with vox has been perfect. They are my backup account, but i use them every month, as i max out the limits of my telkom uncapped thresholds a lot frequently these days. Apart from one or two billing issues which were resolved pretty fast i have no complaints with vox as an isp.

50/5 bundle - only issue has been with Vumatel infrastructure, but at least Vuma are better than Openserve... ;-)

greg0205

Honorary Master
In April we'll have been with Vox for two years. Love 'em and voted Excellent. Have recommended to everyone I know who's had fibre roll out in their area and had Vox as an option.

I can count downtime on one hand without using all my fingers, and every time it's been a Vuma related issue 'cos folk from every ISP on the network were affected.

Satisfied with their service, affordability and support. Just need to put more effort in their mobile app.

afsrav

I have been a client of Vox for nearly 5 years (when the Fatpipe and Bolt-on packages were popular).

Good up-time, stable connection and so far no issues with them.

Niren_M

I have FTTH + Web & Email hosting with Vox.
Vox's email hosting services has not kept up with the rest. Significantly sub standard email hosting service. This includes the UI, delivery speeds, email security.

They need to spend more emphasis on these products if they want to be a leader in the ISP arena.

yatiya

Vox network is escellent. Virtually no downtime, and customer service usually responds quickly. Their prices, however, leave much to be desired. Easily amongst the most expensive providers.

barryrsa

Their technical support is very good; however their customer service is poor and the fiber packages that they advertise (with hidden terms and conditions) border on dishonesty. Will never use them again.

VOX 50/50 fibre. Had fat pipe adsl with them and was happy. Moved over to fibre (vumatel) and no problems. Quick install and almost 0%downtime. Been on fibre about 4 months now. Good pricing and great speed.

Found them to be slow if not unhelpful or unwilling to respond to sales or support queries. Due to a lack of communication, the install took 6 months rather than 6 weeks. Performance is average for a 50/5 line but that's in part because its Vumatel Aerial I suspect. WiFi on the provided router is terrible
Pricing is fair, considering my month-to-month contract costs the same as the 24-month one

omnom

Pro uncapped 50/50 fibre with these guys for 2yrs now. Only issues I ever have seem to be with Vumatel and their lazy 72hr SLA, but Vox seem to followup every day with issues (except maybe weekends?) on my behalf successfully. Oh they were also extremely reasonable in changing my monthly bill when the Vumatel bean counters decided to treat Fibrehoods aerial fibre and trenched fibre as the same thing recently (unlike from what I have read about a certain other big ISP).