Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 145 51.4%
  • Good

Votes: 82 29.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Ryansr

Expert Member
The best deal I ever got from any ISP was from Vox for their fat pipe 400GB which costs me R176. The network quality is better than my Telkom Internet 100GB data for the VDSL 20Mbps line.

Talhah

They have been providing excellent service throughout my years with them. I can't recall a time when I had an issue with them. I recently moved to their fat pipe fibre deal and I am very happy with their service.

razeen

Stable network with good latency and the pricing is really good if you compare. Accessing the Router though is a problem. You have to sign an indemnity if you want to access the router. Could do with a better router , Mikrotik is not so user friendly

Dave Quail

Virtually no downtime. Purchased speed is very consistent. Quick to answer any message I leave on their Android App.

beChanged

Tldr:
Great product, terrible customer service

Vox has a great product. Their 50mbs unlimited fibre was the best priced (as of time of purchase) was definitely the best value for money I could find. That being said multiple billing and other issues and their lack of willingness and haste to rectify and resolve these issues results in a rating of poor.

al360

decent service so far for what you pay for - decent ping 3ms would like 1 but hey.
no issues with FUP and response is ok some immediate and resolve asap some a bit more relaxed. but better than the rest.

sethtomson

encountered extensive service related issues when first moving over to them, took some time to come right. speeds are consistent, a few congested peak times that slow things down, but that's to be expected I guess.. And pricing, well, there's always room for improvement

Tjaark

Great pricing and great products.
They can give more feedback when a client has issues, no feedback might mean no fault found

Riaan02

My current package with Vox is a FTTH 20/10 Mbps Uncapped Bundle for R799pm with Openserve.

Customer Experience for me is pretty good. The Account manager never hesitated to answer any of my questions and was very helpful at all times.

For my area I had a choice between MFN and Openserve. Opted for MFN since they were cheaper than Openserve and also no FUP. After 3 weeks of confirming my order MFN responded saying I am not covered. Account Manager changed order to Openserve and my installation happened within 2 days and my line was active. Router Install happened a day later.

Openserve pricing also dropped around the time I changed, which is now more competitive with the other prices, Openserve FUP still a pain but on the right package you can manage.

Since having my line I don’t have any issues and always get the speeds as promised. Network is very stable and l latency is also not bad at all.

My only concern is Vox Support has access to your router (as like most providers) which is fine but they do not allow full admin rights on your router even after signing an indemnity form. In this case I just opted to use my own router with the provided PPPoE details.

All in all happy client with Vox.

Masataka

Stable and consistent network, good value for money, support is a bit all over the place.

Longest I've been with one ISP.

R3inhardt

Have a 20mbps fibre line (up/down), and we have had a number of line outages over the past few weeks, due to the Frogfoot line going down. What is good though, is that Vox really comes to the party when it comes to resolving network issues. They are quick and efficient.

Jola

Honorary Master
Network is good and stable, but has become a lot more expensive since Vumatel took over from Fibrehoods.

Vox support is good.

But Vumatel increased the price by almost 25%, and dropped my speed to 100/10 from 100/100.

Now paying just under R1000 for 300GB per month.

Actually thinking of changing to someone else, 300GB is no longer enough (kids !!!) and a decent uncapped package will be over R1250 if I revert to my previous 100/100 speed.

Any suggestions for another ISP ?