Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 144 51.4%
  • Good

Votes: 82 29.3%
  • Fair

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 6.8%

• Total voters

HaNsA

Expert Member
Tried to transfer my fibre to them with abysmal response. Response to emails took ages, agent assigned to me wasnt available to take calls , didnt read what i had typed in my emails and responded asking for info i had already provided, evetually just gave up with them

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Pricing is good and its great when it works well, it doesnt always work well though.
Its often really slow and then returns to normal speed after a few hours.
This is on a fatpipe capped account.

onpartydig

On the 100Mbps uncapped and I can't be happier.
Speed is consistently good as well as their technical support.
Only issue I have is their financial department, probably the most incompetent bunch of people I ever had to deal with. Changing from one package to another happens in no time but to get the finance guys to sort out the money part is a nightmare.

onpartydig

Network is good and stable, but has become a lot more expensive since Vumatel took over from Fibrehoods.

Vox support is good.

But Vumatel increased the price by almost 25%, and dropped my speed to 100/10 from 100/100.

Now paying just under R1000 for 300GB per month.

Actually thinking of changing to someone else, 300GB is no longer enough (kids !!!) and a decent uncapped package will be over R1250 if I revert to my previous 100/100 speed.

Any suggestions for another ISP ?
According to Fibretiger.co.za you can get Vumatel 100/100 uncapped at Vox for R1239

pedruid

Expert Member
I have just placed an order with VOX on Frogfoot fiber and so far I have found the support in processing my order outstanding. I am going for the 20/20 uncapped basic package at R700 a month. This is cheaper than my Telkom Phone ADSL line plus what I am now paying another ISP for 300GB package.

Cannot wait to finally say goodbye to Telkom.
Pleased to read you post. Frogfoot are laying in my vicinity with planned lighting up end August. I’m currently on Telkom 10 Mbps ADSL and capped Afrihost. Your setup seems ideal for me as there are only my wife and me so not going to be overloaded. What to you do about a telephone line? I recently purchased a dual DECT set and in the interest of limiting expense would like to use it with fibre. Any comments would be very welcome.

pedruid

Expert Member
Went with Vox for my new fibre line as they covered the installation and activation fee. Sales process was quick and easy besides a little back and forth getting my address to reflect on their system properly. But now I keep getting empty promises about when a technician will come and finish their end and install the router they provide. Been a week now and they promised be it would be done last Friday, then Monday, then today but I keep having to call them to find out why it hasn't been actioned. Still no router after the third escalation and no feedback on when it will get installed. This is quite disappointing as I previously had 1TB of data over their Fat Pipe ADSL through them when I bought a new Samsung smart TV a few years ago and was very impressed with their network and service. Also their app is terrible. Doesn't let you really do much compared to the Afrihost one for example where you can manage your line more effectively. All I can do is view how much data I've used and see/update my address details.
Interesting post. I’m currently with 200 GB Afrihost/ Telkom 10 Mbps ADSL. Vox/Frogfoot are currently laying in my area with planned light up end August. As there’s only my wife and me, I’m thinking that 20/20 uncapped should suit us just fine. As I live in a retirement village the process of access is going to take some time due to bureaucracy I may have the benefit of local area Facebook to see how they’re performing.

cobusv

using vox on the openserve network and very stable no issues.

luckystrike

Great service and performance! They just don't have the best latency to EU :( So they can't be the best for gaming :(

As an example i get 185 ms to EU Blizzard servers with vox (185.60.112.157) and my friend gets 165 to the same server with Cool Ideas. And we stay on the same street.

This is in Pretoria.

pedruid

Expert Member
Great service and performance! They just don't have the best latency to EU :( So they can't be the best for gaming :(

As an example i get 185 ms to EU Blizzard servers with vox (185.60.112.157) and my friend gets 165 to the same server with Cool Ideas. And we stay on the same street.

This is in Pretoria.
Off the subject, however, they’re coming into our are next month. What do you do for a house phone?

Nithan15

Expert Member
Also on Vox no issues at all with them
Just out of curiosity whats your monthly data usage so far in the month
I am on the 50 down and 5 up uncapped Fibre and usage as at today is 882.98GB
I stream a lot and in 4K ( YouTube and Netflix) I do some downloads as well on the highest quality.

BigBear

Expert Member
Also on Vox no issues at all with them
Just out of curiosity whats your monthly data usage so far in the month
I am on the 50 down and 5 up uncapped Fibre and usage as at today is 882.98GB
I stream a lot and in 4K ( YouTube and Netflix) I do some downloads as well on the highest quality.
10/5 mbps 567 gb used Vox FP

Andre.avw67@gmail.com

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Stable network with good latency and the pricing is really good I started with 20mbps now up to 50mbps