Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 145 51.4%
  • Good

Votes: 82 29.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Total voters

Fr8erAth

Well priced and fairly reliable. Fibre network seems problematic. Major gripe: I was promised a free month plus pro-rata charges for all the downtime experienced over December/January. Never materialised, despite several e-mails - no satisfaction, only empty promises!

ramsbod

Virtually no downtime. Good routing (low pings). No throttling or shaping. Great service at a reasonable price.

ramsbod

Network is good and stable, but has become a lot more expensive since Vumatel took over from Fibrehoods.

Vox support is good.

But Vumatel increased the price by almost 25%, and dropped my speed to 100/10 from 100/100.

Now paying just under R1000 for 300GB per month.

Actually thinking of changing to someone else, 300GB is no longer enough (kids !!!) and a decent uncapped package will be over R1250 if I revert to my previous 100/100 speed.

Any suggestions for another ISP ?
I think 100Mbps is overkill. you can stream 4K content using 20Mbps. I would reduce to 20/20 speed uncapped.

ramsbod

Well priced and fairly reliable. Fibre network seems problematic. Major gripe: I was promised a free month plus pro-rata charges for all the downtime experienced over December/January. Never materialised, despite several e-mails - no satisfaction, only empty promises!
What suburb are you in.

Shirou

Expert Member
Using Vox, stable at work on Frogfoot network as well as at home on Vumatel network, rarely have any problems.

puddaphut

Was perfectly happy with Vox for 6 years: migrated from ADSL to FTTH Capped, then through to Uncapped.

Unfortunately the migration from Fibrehoods into the Vumatel stable was poorly managed, and ended up with me unknowingly being ported into their most expensive possible FTTH package.

After that, my line speed was downgraded, but subscription fee was maintained. Finally managed to get some assistance (only after escalating to ISPA), only to then have Vox threaten to suspend my account because *they* had switched off my debit order due to the >R2600 credit notices sitting on my account.

So, for me, the complete disconnect and unwillingness to resolve any kind of account related query has caused me to lose my faith in them.

I’ll be moving my FTTH.

Dust52

Have ADSL Fatpipe with them, speeds are typically good 95% of the time. Pricing is good, can't say the same about their FTTH offerings though, they seem to be more expensive than CISP and Home Connect on the equivalent packages.

Aftersales support and customer care isn't the greatest.

Unfortunately when fibre is live in my area, I'll be moving away from them.

Jola

Honorary Master
I think 100Mbps is overkill. you can stream 4K content using 20Mbps. I would reduce to 20/20 speed uncapped.
I would rather have faster than I need, I sometimes get lags on 100/100 FHD on capped (supposedly not throttled).

afsrav

I have been with Vox for a long time. Had great service when I had ADSL. Good pricing, stable network.

Recently I upgraded to Fibre. The service of the sales person was good. Everything was going well until Vox had to advise me a date that they would send a technician out to install the router. Vox did not came back to me to advise a date. I waited for seven days and on the eight day I emailed them. Only after I have emailed them they got back to me with a date. (This is where they can improve.)

Other than that, so far so good...

Been with the for many years and have always provided excellent service, good pricing and really go the extra mile to help. Their technical staff know their stuff - most of them, (had a couple of issues over the years) and always ready to sort out any problems.

nightshade

Vox has value-for-money, got fatpipe 2015 promo, now account migrated to 400GB account automatically for +/- R170 per month.
network quality is very good, latency, faster than Telkom adsl capped account, support is efficient call centre, general service is good.

LJ7

Went with Vox for my new fibre line as they covered the installation and activation fee. Sales process was quick and easy besides a little back and forth getting my address to reflect on their system properly. But now I keep getting empty promises about when a technician will come and finish their end and install the router they provide. Been a week now and they promised be it would be done last Friday, then Monday, then today but I keep having to call them to find out why it hasn't been actioned. Still no router after the third escalation and no feedback on when it will get installed. This is quite disappointing as I previously had 1TB of data over their Fat Pipe ADSL through them when I bought a new Samsung smart TV a few years ago and was very impressed with their network and service. Also their app is terrible. Doesn't let you really do much compared to the Afrihost one for example where you can manage your line more effectively. All I can do is view how much data I've used and see/update my address details.

Meraai67

I am happy with Vox, but if I want fibre I will probably leave Vox due to the fact that their is providers which installation for fibre will be free.

mika1000

Expert Member
The 400GB Fatpipe the best value for money. Luckily very rarely get any problems the last few years... Need a port reset every few months... But besides that its a pleasure to use unly my Afrihost account thats a nightmare lately...

oh1one

VOX

value-for-money = GOOD
network quality = Excellent
support = Pathetic ... if there was one level lower, would have selected it
Hear Hear.

The support is the reason I'm considering moving to another ISP.

Also, when signing the contract, I was told that they would cover all fees. But Vumatel just came back to say that Vox won't be paying for something or the other so...there's also that

ABDurbs

Been with VOX since April and so far no complaints, touch wood. I would have voted Very Good if it were an option, but I don't believe any ISP provides an Excellent all round service, so Good it is.