possible scam sms from paymyfines.co.za

jhaarhoff

Just got an sms from paymyfines.co.za, saying "A summons will be issues in 7 days for outstanding traffic infringements. Please call <snip>. If paid ignore"

I do not know of any fines I have not paid, and I have not gotten a fine in a year or two. Is this a scam just so I would register on their site?

Thanks,
Johan

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Why would that be a scam. They aren't asking you to pay anything. Worst. Scam. Ever.

jhaarhoff

Why would that be a scam. They aren't asking you to pay anything. Worst. Scam. Ever.

You think they have details of fines that are overdue, you log in to pay the fines and stop the summons, there is nothing but now you are registered on their (paymyfines) system, so if you ever have a fine you will pay though them, and then they make money.

Apart from that when you register you have to give them your ID number, which I prefer not to give out to unknown websites. You are free to do so if you like :D

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Just got an sms from paymyfines.co.za, saying "A summons will be issues in 7 days for outstanding traffic infringements. Please call <snip>. If paid ignore"

I do not know of any fines I have not paid, and I have not gotten a fine in a year or two. Is this a scam just so I would register on their site?

Thanks,
Johan

Why must YOU call because THEY want to issue a summons? Delete SMS. Wait for summons. It probably will not.

NicholasDK

I suspected something fishy when I got my first notice in a plain envelope neither registered post. I ignored it because FNB or PayCity didn't pick it up both cover Krugersdorp. I got a final notice to pay my R200 traffic fine today but it sounds like a scam? They want me to pay at paymyfines.co.za, I've never heard of paymyfines website?

Attachments

• MyPayFines-Scam-Alert.jpg
    MyPayFines-Scam-Alert.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 11,315
Last edited:

Ecco

Executive Member
I just got an sms from these guys too. I never registered with them, so not sure how they got my details.

I would say to anybody reading this thread - rather avoid the site unless somebody can confirm its legit.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
Received mail from these clowns, at my home address, to someone who doesn't live there.
Checked the "fine" out under the magnifier. Fake!
Anything from paymyfines is now considered a scam by me.

Ecco

Executive Member
The more we hear of these guys, the more its clear this is definitely a scam

kianm

Honorary Master
paymyfines shoudbe linked to TMT,I would never have any form of contact with them

plop

I received two traffic infringement notices and neither of the infringement numbers were recognized as valid by AARTO. I queried this and was informed that Western Cape regions are not managed by AARTO, offender must check with the local authority. Subsequently, on SAfm Minister Blade confirmed that AARTO is the data store for all National Traffic offences. Moreover, upon renewing your license the owner of a vehicle should establish whether there are any outstanding infringements. I maintain a single address for formal mail, if there has been no escalation for months and the infringement is not on AARTO, the Post Office pay fines site or some other formal platform identified for the purpose of receiving such notifications - then I'd rather not be bothered.

Sly21C

Expert Member
Do people still pay their fines? Considering how much of our tax payers money is being wasted? And how municipalities also waste our money?

r moosa

i have a notice that i have outstanding traffic offence for acc .............................
avoid further action
pay at www.paymy fines.co.za. from tmt.

r moosa

i have a notice that i have outstanding traffic offence for acc .............................
avoid further action
pay at www.paymy fines.co.za. from tmt.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
This crowd dumped everybody's personal details on the webz I wouldn't go near them with a flame thrower .

MrJacques

I received this sms today:

"Due to partial payment on your traffic infringement, further action is imminent. Urgently pay the balance here: https://paymyfines.co.za"

I had two fines that I paid earlier this year (via eft) and checked on the site after paying them that they were processed / paid. It shows no outstanding fines for me. The Aarto site also shows no fines for me.

SmuGS

Got an email from them once, printed it out and went to go pay the fine. Sure enough it was my vehicle and a road I drive often where there is a camera. Lady tunes me jammer Meneer but you paid the fine already. So I just ignored it and nothing ever came of it. Received several more emails over the months and just deleted them...