PS3 vs Xbox 360

zeridine

:confused:
oh no, not another one of these threads! :D
nothing like good old competition (to keep the xbox360 at the top as the superior console :D)

Rosaudio

First Officer
It seems like the only country in the world who hasn't moved over to PS3 is SA due to price. Everywhere else the PS3 has been outselling the 360(even in the US)

Really enjoying LittleBigPlanet. Possibly the best game I have ever played :D

headsore

same. and the price is a huge factor. when you can buy an Xbox and 5 games or just have enough money to buy an another equally good console...which would you choose...pft blueray...will buy the player when the need comes, wasn't going to 2 years ahead of time.

stevovo

Expert Member
and did you hear about that new dashboard coming end of the month, I cant wait. especially to be able to run the retail games from the hard drive! woohoo, less disc spinning and faster loading :D

Slooth

Expert Member
I mainly use my XBox for media sharing. Does the PS3 support sharing of media on a windows PC? I'm attracted to the Blueray option.

Martin_P

How can you choose between a machine that is so badly designed, I have had three xbox 360's Bust on me, so right now I'm using it as a doors stopper. ( My brother is on his 7th one) The only reason I use it, to be frank it has firmware on it that really benefits me.

Xbox live which is not available in South Africa so what's the point, Playstations is and work perfectly even on slow bandwidth speed.

Price: You can't really compare the two machine yes I know the playstation is over R5000, to tell you the truth I would pay more.

Isn't the xbox 360 like three times lighter then the Playstions 3 did some one forget to put something inside it.

When is comes to the PC, Yes I know it is the best gaming platform, but who can afford to get his machine upgraded every six month, if you willing to sponsor a machine and the upgrades for the next five years, please choose me.

Last edited:

stevovo

Expert Member
Luckily I only had my xbox die on me once. Phoned MS the next day, got a reference number, took my xbox and the reference number to btgames the same day and got a brand new falcon model right there right then, so that really wasnt that bad. I'm really happy with their service. Also they are in the process of releasing a new model that shouldnt give those rrod anymore.

phiber

Expert Member
It seems like the only country in the world who hasn't moved over to PS3 is SA due to price. Everywhere else the PS3 has been outselling the 360(even in the US)

Where is your proof of this OUTRAGEOUS statement?

headsore

must admit I have always heard the opposite...that Xbox has outsold the PS3.

Last edited:

headsore

and did you hear about that new dashboard coming end of the month, I cant wait. especially to be able to run the retail games from the hard drive! woohoo, less disc spinning and faster loading :D

Is this going to be done through a free software upgrade via Live?

rsa-ace

Where is your proof of this OUTRAGEOUS statement?

yeah he's wrong. but the last 2 months the x360 has owned ps3 pretty much everywhere. but one more week can make a big difference. especially with the games which came out at the beginning of the month: Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, LittleBigPlanet.

but ps3 so far has outsold x360 by about 1.2 million consoles so far this year.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master

Really enjoying LittleBigPlanet. Possibly the best game I have ever played :D

Valante, why do you enjoy bold faced lies? You realise no one will take you seriously if you cry wolf?

US Sales (2008):
XBox 360 2,936,145
PS3 2,745,269

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
How can you choose between a machine that is so badly designed, I have had three xbox 360's Bust on me, so right now I'm using it as a doors stopper. ( My brother is on his 7th one) The only reason I use it, to be frank it has firmware on it that really benefits me.

Xbox live which is not available in South Africa so what's the point, Playstations is and work perfectly even on slow bandwidth speed.

Price: You can't really compare the two machine yes I know the playstation is over R5000, to tell you the truth I would pay more.

Isn't the xbox 360 like three times lighter then the Playstions 3 did some one forget to put something inside it.

When is comes to the PC, Yes I know it is the best gaming platform, but who can afford to get his machine upgraded every six month, if you willing to sponsor a machine and the upgrades for the next five years, please choose me.

Yup and my old 286 was a lot heavier than the PS3. Wow! That must make it a much better choice. Haha! Honestly, you would purchase something because its heavier? Honestly?

EDIT: By the way, if your brother is on his 7th XBox 360, he's doing something wrong. Check your cabinet for ventilation!

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore

Sheesh, aren't you a sad case eh ....... 10 busted Xbox's between you and your brother - are you neanderthals that can't take care of something? I'm on my first one as are many others ... must be you then. And Xbox Live is just not supported in SA .... there are plenty of local peeps on Live already and speed is just fine ;)

gregmcc

Honorary Master
7 Busted xbox's - they might be bad but they ain't that bad. AS a previous poster said check you ventilation.

If you kept buying them after 3 dead xbox's you got too much money dude! Don't they come with like a 1 year warranty? If you've gone through 7 of them then you must have got the first one 7 years ago - impressive :D