Quadcopter/Drone Thread

Hephaestus

Forging
Looking for a decent starter drone as a first time flyer found one of these on Takealot, are they any decent or just a waste of money?

Trashcanman2000

Any indication of how long the waiting list is? Or when stock is expected?
I just ordered one from Kameraz as they confirmed they had stock. ORMS shows they have stock, but I never received any communication confirming this. I've been on a waiting list from Outdoor Photo for a while now and was told last week Thursday that they would receive stock that day, but was never contacted again.

Skimmie

Thanks, will give them a call and see if luck is on my side and i can get it still today :)

Rocco1

Expert Member
FYI
On Black Friday, FNB said that customers can save up to 40% with these eBucks Shop Black Friday deals:

• DeWalt/Black & Decker/Stanley DIY – Save up to 45%
  • JAM/Volkano/House of Marley Headphones – Save up to 40%
  • Sony Playstation – Save up to 40%
  • Samsonite/American Tourister/Cellini Luggage – Save up to 40%
  • Samsung/Hisense/LG TVs – Save up to 35%
  • Fitbit/Garmin – Save up to 30%
  • DJI Drone – Save up to 25%
  • Apple: iPhone 8 64GB – Save up to 20%

Customer1

Dusted off the 'ol drone again. Sunset on the one side, storm brewing on the other side.

Skimmie

Anyone know if the Pretoria Botanical gardens allow drones? I cant find any info saying they dont.

Paul Bedford

Anyone know if the Pretoria Botanical gardens allow drones? I cant find any info saying they dont.
You need explicit permission from the property owner to fly over their property. You will also probably fall foul of the rules governing flight within 50m of a person or group of persons.

Trashcanman2000

please let us know how it flies after you stretch its wings
It flies very well! It is very responsive and stable. I am impressed. I just struggle with keeping a stable connection. The controller is the CE version so it's wifi has been nerfed quite a bit, but even so I keep dropping signal from less than 50m. I have only gone to one spot near my house that falls within a fly zone and there is a big Vodacom tower close by, so I suspect that plays a role. There are some Tshwane wifi antennas in the area so that also might be the answer.
I'll sadly only have my drone in an unpopulated area some time next year as I'm about to go on an overseas trip.