Quadcopter/Drone Thread

neoprema

Expert Member
Switch it to fcc mode.
I swear if that makes the difference I will cry! lol. Even thought of ordering antenna boosters.

I can't get out to nowhere until week after next so i'll leave it until then and change the setting and try it thanks bwana!

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I swear if that makes the difference I will cry! lol. Even thought of ordering antenna boosters.

I can't get out to nowhere until week after next so i'll leave it until then and change the setting and try it thanks bwana!
There's a considerable difference in terms of transmission power in FCC mode. It could make all the difference.

Quad

So i won a Spark. Not the flymore kit, just the drone.

I was in PnP in November buying batteries. I picked up a pack of Energizers and noticed a signed advertising a sponsored competition and they were giving away DJI Sparks. I snapped a pic and headed back to the office. At the office I unpacked the batteries and was reminded of the pic I took so I looked at the pic to see what was involved and duly entered.

Two weeks ago I get a mail asking me for a delivery address for the drone I'd won. I responded and thought nothing more of it.

Lo and behold today a drone arrives at my office. :cool:

Now to sell it because I already have a M2P.

genetic

Honorary Master
Got a sealed Mavic Mini for sale if anyone is interested;

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Got a sealed Mavic Mini for sale if anyone is interested;

Not an awful price, but...

spiff

Executive Member
Can someone either advice me or point me in the right direction for the regulations regarding flying drones in built up areas please

Thanks.

Francois Marais

There is an ******* in the estate we stay in (Paramount Estate, in Shere Pretoria) that decided that it is a good idea to fly around the estate and then went as far as to spy on a single lady’s unit. So there is a shoot the drone down order out on you buddy. Hope they do not catch the pilot, because that pilot is in for a world of **** now.
Your flight records can and will be used against you!
So stop ****ing it up for the rest of us you bloody retarded IDIOT!

Chevauxza

Does anyone know if any of the regulations have changed for drone flying during lockdown? Would be really interesting to fly around now and observe the usual regulations, but saw the below article referring to things being different under lockdown. Can't seem to find it officially stated anywhere though.

Business Insider CT Drone Article

Segg

Expert Member
Technically they are illegal right now

A1285/20 NOTAMN
Q)FAXX/QXXXX/IV/NBO/E/000/999/5152S01651E999
A)FAJA FACA FAJO B)2003262200 C)2004170001
E)ALL INTL, REGIONAL AND DOM FLT (INCLUSIVE OF GEN AND RECREATIONAL
AVIATION) PROHIBITED, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE RISK CAT OF THEIR COUNTRY
OF ORIGIN.
ONLY FLT FOR ESSENTIAL AIR CARGO AND SER WILL BE ALLOWED.)

Chevauxza

Technically they are illegal right now

A1285/20 NOTAMN
Q)FAXX/QXXXX/IV/NBO/E/000/999/5152S01651E999
A)FAJA FACA FAJO B)2003262200 C)2004170001
E)ALL INTL, REGIONAL AND DOM FLT (INCLUSIVE OF GEN AND RECREATIONAL
AVIATION) PROHIBITED, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE RISK CAT OF THEIR COUNTRY
OF ORIGIN.
ONLY FLT FOR ESSENTIAL AIR CARGO AND SER WILL BE ALLOWED.)
Thank you! :thumbsup:

genetic

Honorary Master
Does anyone know if any of the regulations have changed for drone flying during lockdown? Would be really interesting to fly around now and observe the usual regulations, but saw the below article referring to things being different under lockdown. Can't seem to find it officially stated anywhere though.

Business Insider CT Drone Article
All unauthorised flight is illegal. Those News24 videos better show some permits...

pdholden

Hi all has anyone here had any issues with the CAA? i was reported to the CAA for fling my mavic min in my front yard and have now just revived a fine for the amount of R10 000 . i think this is ridiculous for a first offence