Quadcopter/Drone Thread

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hi all has anyone here had any issues with the CAA? i was reported to the CAA for fling my mavic min in my front yard and have now just revived a fine for the amount of R10 000 . i think this is ridiculous for a first offence
Ouch. Where and when were you flying? What is the fine actually for?

Segg

Expert Member
Hi all has anyone here had any issues with the CAA? i was reported to the CAA for fling my mavic min in my front yard and have now just revived a fine for the amount of R10 000 . i think this is ridiculous for a first offence
This is standard CAA tactics, you can try appeal to the compliance department but it's very unlikely you'll be successful, failing that you can approach the magistrates court (which will probably cost more in lawyers fees) and the CAA has a very deep legal kitty...

If I were you I'd pay the fine, and don't do whatever you were doing again, count yourself lucky that they didn't suspend your license (if you are even licensed)

EDIT: You can also try approach AOPA, they don't often back down from fights with the CAA (so long as you definitely weren't in the wrong) but remember to join as a member beforehand.... ;)

Capture.JPG