RAIN Huawei 5G CPE Pro settings

Speedster370

I need help got rain 5g 2 weeks ago still unable to even use it loging in to the router ip adress i can see full 4g signal 1 bar 5g signal but no internet access. Getting hold of rain pretty useless please help before i loose it completely and trow this thing off the roof

cavedog

Honorary Master
I need help got rain 5g 2 weeks ago still unable to even use it loging in to the router ip adress i can see full 4g signal 1 bar 5g signal but no internet access. Getting hold of rain pretty useless please help before i loose it completely and trow this thing off the roof
Yeah that means it's not activated. 1 bar 5G is not good. You need to visit optimizer and activate it if you get enough speed. The billing does not start until you activate so that is a good thing in a way.

Speedster370

Yeah that means it's not activated. 1 bar 5G is not good. You need to visit optimizer and activate it if you get enough speed. The billing does not start until you activate so that is a good thing in a way.
No way to activate when i connect the cable to laptop it tells me sign in required so i click on it it takes me to a page they have changed activating 5g sim and have to log in to rain . Co. Za but that does nothing at all unable to open their website to activate

cavedog

Honorary Master
No way to activate when i connect the cable to laptop it tells me sign in required so i click on it it takes me to a page they have changed activating 5g sim and have to log in to rain . Co. Za but that does nothing at all unable to open their website to activate
optimizer.rain.co.za not working? NVM they changed that

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Speedster370

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

Speedster370

optimizer.rain.co.za not working? NVM they changed that
Nothing working at all ant trying to reach their support team is totaly useless i have tried countless times on their website to reach them and phone lines are down cause covid 19. I paid for it but cant use it cant get them to fix it or even return it

steve12687

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me out, I tried fiddling with the frequency settings because I was getting extremely unstable and low speeds but now my router keeps flashing green. It cant find any signal and its been looking for signal for the past hour but nothing works. Please help

powermzii

Expert Member
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me out, I tried fiddling with the frequency settings because I was getting extremely unstable and low speeds but now my router keeps flashing green. It cant find any signal and its been looking for signal for the past hour but nothing works. Please help
You might need to do a hard reset - i had that issue when i messed up my settings as well - hard reset and re configuring sorted it out

Speedster370

You might need to do a hard reset - i had that issue when i messed up my settings as well - hard reset and re configuring sorted it out
Did not work for me did a hard reset twice i got a longer pole and put it up enven higher today just to try getting it to work but nothing. My neighbor in the same complex has his indoors and his is working not a strong signal bit atleast working mine outside on a 6meter pole on a roof and not working

powermzii

Expert Member
I have tried resseting it 3 times already and nothing is working.
By pressing in the reset button under the device or in the portal?
That's very odd as factory reset should clear all settings and place it in the state it was in when you got it

steve12687

By pressing in the reset button under the device or in the portal?
That's very odd as factory reset should clear all settings and place it in the state it was in when you got it
I tried pressing the rest button on the router again and its still flashing green. maybe it needs to be reactivated but I cant do that if the site is now taken off.