RAIN Huawei 5G CPE Pro settings

cavedog

Honorary Master
If I do I get packet fragmentation, and from everything I can find on 5G 1500 MTU is not supported and seems to be the case, if I test on the router itself.

That test would exclude the headers ect

1472 payload and 28 ICMP/IP Headers and payload information.

runnergunner

Perhaps someone can help me here, I have 3 5G towers near where I stay. Closest is 0.87km and the furthest is 3.5km. I can get signal from all 3 but for some reason my router does not connect to the closest one that is 0.87km away. I have line of sight to it and my router points directly at it but does not connect to it. Instead I'm connecting to a tower 3.2km away.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Dretastic06

How do you get that right? Also how can you boost the speed?
they swopped out my inside router which was running 130 down and 2 up, and now have a outside one, when i do test after a few configurations i get average 200 down and 70 up. I just need to figure out how to get the wifi stable in the house as signal of outdoor router is crap.

Kiemo

Expert Member
they swopped out my inside router which was running 130 down and 2 up, and now have a outside one, when i do test after a few configurations i get average 200 down and 70 up. I just need to figure out how to get the wifi stable in the house as signal of outdoor router is crap.
Use a router you have inside and a lan cable

Dretastic06

Use a router you have inside and a lan cable
I have a tenda 600mbps router but wan port is only 100mbps so wifi is not being utilized to its maximum. Im getting a hauwei ax3 by monday and will hope its better.

telkomiskaI<

How did you get them to swop your router, are you on the premium or normal 5G package? We have the inside router but I would of wanted the external one to for better speeds

SuperMario

How did you get them to swop your router, are you on the premium or normal 5G package? We have the inside router but I would of wanted the external one to for better speeds
If you have good signal, the internal router can give very good speeds. I have the internal router next to my TV and get very decent speeds.

telkomiskaI<

If you have good signal, the internal router can give very good speeds. I have the internal router next to my TV and get very decent speeds.
It is actually giving me exactly what they advertised 35-38mbs dl on the R699 package. Router is on the windowsill, I was just thinking the outside router might of given even better thoroughput or more constant ping.
Is the standard 5G package capped to a certain speed?

SuperMario

It is actually giving me exactly what they advertised 35-38mbs dl on the R699 package. Router is on the windowsill, I was just thinking the outside router might of given even better thoroughput or more constant ping.
Is the standard 5G package capped to a certain speed?
5G Standard is limited to 30mbps. I have 5G Premium with indoor router and usually get 300mbps+ dl with 30mbps ul.

Dretastic06

5G Standard is limited to 30mbps. I have 5G Premium with indoor router and usually get 300mbps+ dl with 30mbps ul.
Yes correct since i am new user i got the promo price if R699 for 3 months premium. Like i said i told them the upload is unacceptable and then they came to exchange the indoor unit for a outdoor on and it's actually bliss.

SuperMario

Yes correct since i am new user i got the promo price if R699 for 3 months premium. Like i said i told them the upload is unacceptable and then they came to exchange the indoor unit for a outdoor on and it's actually bliss.
I am also on the promo for R699 and very happy with it! I was using Supersonic F-LTE before this, and Rain is miles better than that nonsense. I can actually play games on Rain, because they have proper routing. Supersonic routes everything through JHB for some reason, and they also have no support when you need it, so I am glad I am done with them.