RAIN Huawei 5G CPE Pro settings

StephOsK

Yeah I did thanks for asking. Seems to make a difference. Im just trying to get my speed up though. I get 250mbps down and about 140mbps up but want to break the 300mbps mark!!!
Hi, how did you get it sorted?
I, on my side have been struggling with speeds no matter what I tried.

What did you put on Arfcn?

Please help when you can.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Its good enough to do what I need to but I thought 5G gets way better speeds then that. I dont understand why my speed isnt faster. I can see the tower from my house and my router has such awesome line of sight!
The sight you are connecting to is congested. It will get worse as RAIN add more to the network in that area. Was one of the first in my area with around 500Mbps speeds I am under 100Mbps now with perfect signal.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
The sight you are connecting to is congested. It will get worse as RAIN add more to the network in that area. Was one of the first in my area with around 500Mbps speeds I am under 100Mbps now with perfect signal.
Hi @PAYBACK

Please PM me your email address and i will look into it.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Hi @PAYBACK

Please PM me your email address and i will look into it.
No offense, appreciate support and don't want to hijack thread, but if I had a 10Mbps boost in speed for every time you guys sounded off on this board I would be back 500Mbps! Will PM but what will be different this time?

Last edited:

meggadon123

Since the routers web page had been changed, Rain 5 g Premium dropped from 250 mb/s to 50 mb/s, settings exactly the same, this is crap. For 4 months speed in excess of 200 mb/s changed web page lay out, speed drops below 60 mb/s. optimazation show 85%.
I am just waiting for metrofiber to complete rollout, then I am moving away from this **** network to fibre, Rain is not reliable, and not constant

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Since the routers web page had been changed, Rain 5 g Premium dropped from 250 mb/s to 50 mb/s, settings exactly the same, this is crap. For 4 months speed in excess of 200 mb/s changed web page lay out, speed drops below 60 mb/s. optimazation show 85%.
I am just waiting for metrofiber to complete rollout, then I am moving away from this **** network to fibre, Rain is not reliable, and not constant
HI @meggadon123

Please Private me your email address let me have a look at this for you.

Dretastic06

I thought i was the only one, i dont even see past 130 with new software update

meggadon123

I thought i was the only one, i dont even see past 130 with new software update
the rain rep send a message on here he detached me, I get notification of this 18 minutes later ho in the world, does he think detaching me, and telling me to reboot, and i get that 18 minutes later, what did the detach do, zero

Dretastic06

the rain rep send a message on here he detached me, I get notification of this 18 minutes later ho in the world, does he think detaching me, and telling me to reboot, and i get that 18 minutes later, what did the detach do, zero
I will probably get the same answer lol

CravenX

Yeah same problem here, since the update I cant even get 10mb/s up from 70mb/s. Connection drops every 10-15 minutes and takes 5 minutes to reconnect to get the same speeds and they call this "Premium"... Have 7 towers in front of me that is less than 3km away and it connects to a tower that is 3km+ constantly. Before this I requested Rain to send technicians to my location (for almost 1 year), eventually they arrived after which they told me they don't know what is wrong OR how to fix it. Then I continually asked Rain for a report from they're "technicians" to which they replied that apparently I am elevated to high... for more than a year they kept telling me to put it up higher.... So, paying R1k for a service that not even worth R100 is a utter disgrace and a scam.

meggadon123

Yeah same problem here, since the update I cant even get 10mb/s up from 70mb/s. Connection drops every 10-15 minutes and takes 5 minutes to reconnect to get the same speeds and they call this "Premium"... Have 7 towers in front of me that is less than 3km away and it connects to a tower that is 3km+ constantly. Before this I requested Rain to send technicians to my location (for almost 1 year), eventually they arrived after which they told me they don't know what is wrong OR how to fix it. Then I continually asked Rain for a report from they're "technicians" to which they replied that apparently I am elevated to high... for more than a year they kept telling me to put it up higher.... So, paying R1k for a service that not even worth R100 is a utter disgrace and a scam.
This is exact problem I have, I have already pre-ordered my 200mb/s fiber line, I am tired of Rain, not offering customers the service they paid for, and they always say it is on clients end, instead of going to towers and fixing it, scary part is Vodacom is responsible for maintenance of towers, I can not wait for my fiber line, no more tower jumping, no more yo-yo with speed nothing, Rain is a disgrace lately

airborne

Honorary Master
Another option is MTN, rock solid and not badly priced theses days. At least you can use what you paid for.

Fibre is the best way to go , 100% reliable/stable unlike these "mobile" connections that switches towers and disconnects from one tower to throw you onto another tower.

You will not regret the move to fibre.

I di my homework, and compared, and I agree fibre best route
That is honestly the best option , people that have access to fibre and are on LTE/5G , should rather switch it is way less stress for a little extra buck.

once fibre was activated in my area I cancelled immediately and moved over , can happily say I have never looked back since.

meggadon123

That is honestly the best option , people that have access to fibre and are on LTE/5G , should rather switch it is way less stress for a little extra buck.

once fibre was activated in my area I cancelled immediately and moved over , can happily say I have never looked back since.
Thanks

Kiemo

Expert Member
you clearly do not understand anything that we are talking about. since rain changed its web interface, I do not get a 5g connection but only 4g, they changed or upgraded web interface, nothing we do. I need web interface to reset router, as I hav en external router and not an internal router, so please next time, if it has nothing to do with you PLEASE BACK THE HELL OUT OF MY CONVERSATIONS
But on a serious note … changing a website does that effect your speeds or signal connection no 5g at all … it’s very strange

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
But on a serious note … changing a website does that effect your speeds or signal connection no 5g at all … it’s very strange

The entire firmware was upgraded so a lot of fundamental changes to the router system one of them just being a whole new interface.

I haven’t noticed any difference in speed since the change though, so it’s not purely the firmware update but might be specific to a particular area and the way it connects to certain towers.

Reactions: Yuu