RAIN Huawei 5G CPE Pro settings

Dretastic06

I am also on the promo for R699 and very happy with it! I was using Supersonic F-LTE before this, and Rain is miles better than that nonsense. I can actually play games on Rain, because they have proper routing. Supersonic routes everything through JHB for some reason, and they also have no support when you need it, so I am glad I am done with them.
I was also shocked at how good the rain customer service was, really quick turnaround time. I haven't played games in some time hoping to fire up COD and see how it responds

GhostShow

Yes it can
Here is where you would you do it, you just need to say lock PCI, and then enter the tower's PCI, you can get this PCI from the "HOME" screen at the bottom go to -> Network and Internet Info > Detail, bring up the developer tools, look at the network requests for getNrStat, there you will see a CELLID or PCI, that is the value you need.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 09-35-29 CPE.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 09-35-29 CPE.png
    23 KB · Views: 42

Kiemo

Expert Member
Here is where you would you do it, you just need to say lock PCI, and then enter the tower's PCI, you can get this PCI from the "HOME" screen at the bottom go to -> Network and Internet Info > Detail, bring up the developer tools, look at the network requests for getNrStat, there you will see a CELLID or PCI, that is the value you need.
Can this be done with the inside 5g router ?

runnergunner

Thanks for that bud but when I try to lock the PCI it asks me to lock Arfcn first and to put in a value. What do I do there?

runnergunner

Did you get this sorted ?
Yeah I did thanks for asking. Seems to make a difference. Im just trying to get my speed up though. I get 250mbps down and about 140mbps up but want to break the 300mbps mark!!!

runnergunner

Lol I no that feeling bro … but that’s nice speeds
Its good enough to do what I need to but I thought 5G gets way better speeds then that. I dont understand why my speed isnt faster. I can see the tower from my house and my router has such awesome line of sight!

GhostShow

Your BLER is good, but ... MCS for the DL is low, this will impact the max speed you can get. try rotating the device and playing with the antenna combination, see if you can get that value up and a better signal

Reactions: Yuu

runnergunner

Your BLER is good, but ... MCS for the DL is low, this will impact the max speed you can get. try rotating the device and playing with the antenna combination, see if you can get that value up and a better signal
What does the value 2 indicate?

runnergunner

DL is on 14 now

runnergunner

Any changers on the Download ?
I think there is a problem with the one tower. I keep losing my connection when locking onto it. Apparently there has been power outages so I think that's affecting the tower. Could be wrong. At the moment I'm connected to a further tower so my stats are down a bit now