Rain is down

Dan C

Honorary Master
Mother-in-law had some choice words about rain downtime today. Not repeatable on a public forum...:)
You know I love it when the news is bad
Why it feels so good to feel so sad?
I'm only happy when it rains
Pour your misery down
Pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down
Pour your misery down on me

Reactions: Yuu

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Would be nice if RAIN kept everyone informed via their website of potential downtime or maintenance/upgrades. Was down twice yesterday for a couple of minutes, if that. Coming from copper infrastructure this "down time" is laughable compared to waiting days for cable to be replaced.

Grouter

Expert Member
Well now rain.co.za is down for me... anyone else?

Edit: Works on my wisp account, but not when I connect via rain 4G...o_O

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Customer service says down (5G) at my tower Moot area Pretoria, but I suspect its an eye blind to explain away the poor speeds.

mrlgm007

Rain coverage map updated again i see a lot more 5g comeing online hope they have a black Friday deal

Reactions: Yuu

Jake45

Expert Member
I think I better buy some Telkom airtime as I'm not sure that the Rain network will be Black Friday ready! It's really slow for me at the moment ...

oradba69

I am sooo fedup of Rain 5G. After more than two months I oficially decided it sucks. I am so tired of not having internet connection 5 out of 7 nights.
Posting this from my Telkom LTE. -Ggggggrrrrr- It is not worth the fast speeds if it cant be remotely consistent.

clickingbuttons

Canceled my Rain 5G this morning. Wonder if I am the first :)
I remember reading an article that Rain 5G uncapped won't go the same route as Rain 4G uncapped. I'm pretty sure I was reading that in the last month.

All I can say is LOL

oradba69

Did you ever try the ODU. Was it offered to you even?
Nope begged for it, they said no can do. They did tell me they will send somebody to check things for me. Never happened. Back on my 40meg vdsl line and it just works.

mrlgm007

5G and 4G down for me , my MTN connection i never have to reboot it i just RDP in or use the CCTV app on Dyndns with rain every other day like the whole of SA goes up and down....

JHB

Last edited:

Craig

Honorary Master
Was dead in Stellenbosch also when I woke up this morning, restarted the router and on it was again.