Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

Praemon

Expert Member
I should've checked this thread before wasting time and money on Rain. I specifically bought a Rain sim and mifi device for use during load shedding. Not only does it not work during load shedding in my area, it doesn't work if any of the surrounding areas have load shedding either. Pretty much unusable all day long due to the scheduled load shedding. Sigh!

chrismine

I should've checked this thread before wasting time and money on Rain. I specifically bought a Rain sim and mifi device for use during load shedding. Not only does it not work during load shedding in my area, it doesn't work if any of the surrounding areas have load shedding either. Pretty much unusable all day long due to the scheduled load shedding. Sigh!
Awaiting my sim. I'm getting worried already. Altough my Rain fixed lte worked yesterday with loadshedding.

Nuro

Expert Member
I have been down since Tuesday and my support tickets keep on getting closed. So much for that.
I know it's not my device, it works fine one neighbourhood over.

Leno

I just got the b618 router yesterday I seem to be getting better download speeds of my phone.
Around 20mbps more
Your phone could possibly also be using Carrier Aggregation if it supports it, while the B618 doesn't support this feature on RAIN's frequencies

Geselskap

To my surprise, I just spotted clearly marked "rain" premises in Sacks Circle Industrial, off Robert Sobukwe Drive, Bellville South.

Geselskap

To my surprise, I just spotted clearly marked "rain" premises in Sacks Circle Industrial, off Robert Sobukwe Drive, Bellville South.
There is no visible activity & it appears the premises have not been occupied yet.

Attachments

Insint

Expert Member
I received a rain a Rain SIM for a week with the uncupped 7 day data free when my fibre was down.

I only had two bars on my phone with it. I used my phone as a hotspot for the few days as I was not going to buy a 4G router.

I was very impressed with rain. Netflix worked easily on 1080P. The speeds was good at any time of the day. Anyone that requires good fast data should use Rain.

Rain gets a big thump up from me. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As this thread intends, I'm going to give some feedback on this service. I've been using the device as a secondary sim in my mobile device. Works great at home, unfortunately not at my work in Bryanston :crying:. Surprisingly according to their online map I should have spotty coverage at home and full coverage in Bryanston.

What's strange though, there is no coverage on my cellphone elsewhere around that part of Bryanston despite it being covered according to the website map. I don't know, maybe their map is incorrect or some other signal is interfering (doubtful). :unsure:

I'm back to using my primary sim data full time as a result, oh well.

under_sky

Been using the rain uncapped at my holiday house and i must say i have been rather impressed by it alot. been getting 70Mbps down and 20mbps up. Although i did have to place the router on a DStv pole in a plastic bag to get full signal as none in the house.

e4et

Expert Member
I just got the b618 router yesterday I seem to be getting better download speeds of my phone.
Around 20mbps more
Also check if you have the d22 or d65 version.
Like a fool i didnt pay close attention to the wise people here and got a d65