Rain Mobile Feedback Thread

Reneo

What modem do you use? I know someone who had the same issue with those portable WiFi routers, he got a proper Huawei B618 and it connected with two bars signal, it's not great but he still manages to pull between 10-20Mbps on a good day, but never less than 5Mbps.

Try picking one up on Gumtree and see if it works, if you have the money.
Thanks for this, im using just my phone for now, i thought of getting a router when i placed my order for the sim but decided against it. Those Huawei routers are really expensive though man.:cautious:

dotcat

I got bad news for you. That is a Telkom tower. You can see by the flat sector antennas which is the ones Telkom uses. Also no more than 2x2 mimo on that tower if anything due to the limit cables plugged into it.
Pretty sure it is a rain tower. Reasons:

1. Zero Telkom coverage
2. There is only 1 other tower in the town and the tower identifier code is different for Vodacom and Rain meaning they are not just broadcasting using Vodacoms tower.
3. Up until the new mini tower was installed there was no rain signal - now there is rain signal.

So seems like Rain may also use Huawei panels. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cell...acom-mtn-telkom-cell-c-and-rain-compared.html

cavedog

Honorary Master
Pretty sure it is a rain tower. Reasons:

1. Zero Telkom coverage
2. There is only 1 other tower in the town and the tower identifier code is different for Vodacom and Rain meaning they are not just broadcasting using Vodacoms tower.
3. Up until the new mini tower was installed there was no rain signal - now there is rain signal.

So seems like Rain may also use Huawei panels. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cell...acom-mtn-telkom-cell-c-and-rain-compared.html
Could be but what surprised me with your screenshot is the number of cables plugged into the antenna. Not sure why Rain will roll out a new tower with no 4x4 mimo because it would mean the antenna is old.

Dear Rain, IT professionals are bad Customer Service Agents. Your call centre service is bad. They helped me but with too much unnecessary effort. No telephone etiquette whatsoever.

Stillie

Expert Member
Dear Rain, IT professionals are bad Customer Service Agents. Your call centre service is bad. They helped me but with too much unnecessary effort. No telephone etiquette whatsoever.
yea posting it on a forum that is not run by Rain will get you far.

MavChat

You have a better chance of getting your message accross to them by attaching a note to a balloon and sending it off into the air than posting it here.

Speedster

Executive Member
Does Rain go down during rolling blackouts or is it usable in certain areas maybe ?
Mine goes down in Pretoria. Had a chat with them about it on Twitter and recieved the following response
we apologize for the delay, our network team has provided the below feedback, however no load shedding until further notice.

Please note that client will be affected during load shedding as the serving sites will be down

Site will be back up when power is restored or when an alternative is available

kianm

Honorary Master
Problems still, red light on router, no signal. Been up and down most of today.
Sometimes network comes back with like 2 bars (am usually on 5 bars)

Just sooo unstable