Rain SIM account balance question

phly

Expert Member
Will be watching thread for the next two weeks... I dont like nasty surprises so my mobile sim is not seeing light of day anytime soon - limit minimized to R50. May jump in from the 1st of next month though

namzsteve

Expert Member
You guys are scaring me a tad here, on the uncapped trial still, got my sim card last week and already have over 100gb used.jpg and still climbing. I just hope after this they won't hit me with ridiculous surprises.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay my balance dropped again to R130.

Looks like the dashboard puts a hold on a per gb basis until the usage has been updated and the the dashboard displays tge correct balance and usage. My peak usage is accurate to the single kilobyte which is pretty decent actually. Now I want to see what happens when spend limit is capped but have uncapped bolt on.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I'm using my Fixed LTE sim now, it still has lots of data that need to be used. Will only take the mobile R250 uncapped deal at end of month

MirageF1

Expert Member
I'm using my Fixed LTE sim now, it still has lots of data that need to be used. Will only take the mobile R250 uncapped deal at end of month
Same...got almost entire AH data rolled over from last month so need to use that up before 31st , been using RAIN free since mid last month so not complaining really as I saved myself a good few bucks in the end ( 50+ GB data ) even if the initial RAIN ordering/delivery experience was a nightmare.

Jintong

Can anyone help here

i cant add the unlimited package when my spend limit is R50 why?

Recallza

Can anyone help here

i cant add the unlimited package when my spend limit is R50 why?
Your spend limit needs to be R300+

Reason being, the Unlimited package is R250.

Last edited:

MandM

Nope, I just checked with them and it was escalated. Got a reference number.
My balance is now correct. I must say I am quite happy with the performance so far. I have a dual sim phone, so if there is no reception I just switch to the non-rain sim. Thinking of subscribing to the unlimited package for August.

Bilaal687_

My balance is now correct. I must say I am quite happy with the performance so far. I have a dual sim phone, so if there is no reception I just switch to the non-rain sim. Thinking of subscribing to the unlimited package for August.
Lol signal in my office is bad/still got the MTN 50Gb though :D

namzsteve

Expert Member
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 4.24.40 PM.jpg

Please could someone help me understand what is going on on my dashboard? I had a spend limit of R300 now it has suddenly changed to R250.

Does this mean my services will be disconnected during the specified peak times?

MavChat

View attachment 541643

Please could someone help me understand what is going on on my dashboard? I had a spend limit of R300 now it has suddenly changed to R250.

Does this mean my services will be disconnected during the specified peak times?
I would prefer my services be locked during peak times. Less to worry about.

Romito

Expert Member
rain dsb.PNG

My dashboard also shows peak usage whereas my unlimited off peak just kicked in today.:wtf: