Rain - Support Service

Bezcorne

Anyone else having such a pathetic support service regarding RAIN?

I have signed up for the R699 5G package on the 4th of June 2020. Received my Router and Sim on the 5th.... Ever since then the sim has been inactive, after a week RAIN advised that a sim swap will need to take place. Its now been another week, no one is coming back to me nor responding to my emails or even Facebook messages.

This is to most pathetic support service that I have ever experienced... thinking of canceling and selling the router as it will most probably take 10 years just to refund me my money as well?

I would love to have the input of My Broadband Members....

Thanks

Goosfrabba

They must have 5 people providing support as they never respond. I am having issues my R479 4G package.

ICASA requires 14 working days before before you can report an issue. I have logged two support tickets and will be approaching them. People simply cancel and leave Rain, I plan to hold them accountable.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Anyone else having such a pathetic support service regarding RAIN?

I have signed up for the R699 5G package on the 4th of June 2020. Received my Router and Sim on the 5th.... Ever since then the sim has been inactive, after a week RAIN advised that a sim swap will need to take place. Its now been another week, no one is coming back to me nor responding to my emails or even Facebook messages.

This is to most pathetic support service that I have ever experienced... thinking of canceling and selling the router as it will most probably take 10 years just to refund me my money as well?

I would love to have the input of My Broadband Members....

Thanks
Hi @Bezcorne and @Goosfrabba,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?

Regards,
rain_mobile

koogs

Already did yesterday, you responded at 11:40 that a technician would be in touch. Crickets since then

Its been 1 day for you. Its been a month for me waiting for that elusive Rain technician to contact me :cautious:

Goosfrabba

Its been 1 day for you. Its been a month for me waiting for that elusive Rain technician to contact me :cautious:
It's cool, I can be patient. My first ticket logged was on 02/06. I can log my complaint to ICASA from the 24th onwards. What concerns me is that there is no basic service level agreement to found on their site. Quick to sell sim cards, slow to respond to service complaints. I will be ordering my 2nd Rain sim shortly on the R250 package shortly so that I can compare them. Rain needs to start charging people more - I'd happily pay an extra R100 - so that they can afford to offer a decent product that works.

Bezcorne

Already did yesterday, you responded at 11:40 that a technician would be in touch. Crickets since then
Go through your system, you will find me there... go trhough your social media messages, you will find me there as well... Simply asking to drop one a message does not fix anything as you will just view it like the rest and completely ignore it....

I even think Telkom's ADSL support team provides a much better service compared to your team... and blaming lockdown is not an excuse... or maybe it is, because your staff has to be monitored 24/7 to make sure they do their work. Now from home, its free roaming as long as they attend one ticket no-one can say they didnt work....

If this was my company, I would have been so embarresed.... Now is the time to proof all other ISP providers who has the best service... but unfortunately you are lacking it...

bobcpt

I would advise anyone thinking of signing up with Rain to seriously reconsider. Read the comments above and learn from other people's experiences.

My e-rica process failed on the 9th of June and to date they have not responded to the original support ticket. Hopefully they will respond to the cancellation ticket before month end...

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Go through your system, you will find me there... go trhough your social media messages, you will find me there as well... Simply asking to drop one a message does not fix anything as you will just view it like the rest and completely ignore it....

I even think Telkom's ADSL support team provides a much better service compared to your team... and blaming lockdown is not an excuse... or maybe it is, because your staff has to be monitored 24/7 to make sure they do their work. Now from home, its free roaming as long as they attend one ticket no-one can say they didnt work....

If this was my company, I would have been so embarresed.... Now is the time to proof all other ISP providers who has the best service... but unfortunately you are lacking it...
Hi Bezcorne,

Thanks for the response

Without the email address linked to your account being shared, we cannot access any of the above mentioned correspondence. Please share this so we can further investigate your query?

Regards,

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I would advise anyone thinking of signing up with Rain to seriously reconsider. Read the comments above and learn from other people's experiences.

My e-rica process failed on the 9th of June and to date they have not responded to the original support ticket. Hopefully they will respond to the cancellation ticket before month end...
Hi bobcpt,

Please share with us via DM, the email address linked to your account so we can further investigate your query?

Regards,
rain_mobile

bobcpt

Hi bobcpt,

Please share with us via DM, the email address linked to your account so we can further investigate your query?

Regards,
rain_mobile
Someone responded to the original support ticket yesterday, but the suggestions did not solve the problem.

The problem is that your rica process is broken as a result of the side facial recognition step which clearly does not work on all phones. Furthermore, I don't see how it adds any credibility in addition to uploading a proof of address, photos of both sides of your id card and a 'selfie' of you holding your id card in front of your face. If the latter did not prove that you are not a robot, then nothing will. My cancellation request is going ahead.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Someone responded to the original support ticket yesterday, but the suggestions did not solve the problem.

The problem is that your rica process is broken as a result of the side facial recognition step which clearly does not work on all phones. Furthermore, I don't see how it adds any credibility in addition to uploading a proof of address, photos of both sides of your id card and a 'selfie' of you holding your id card in front of your face. If the latter did not prove that you are not a robot, then nothing will. My cancellation request is going ahead.
Hi bobcpt,

Thank you very much for the feedback and this will certainly be passed on.

Please share the email address linked to your account so we can look into your query as well as the solutions provided?

Regards,
rain_mobile

Bezcorne

It has now been 3 weeks since I purchased the 5G R699 packages. Support does not get back to me at all. A SIM swap were to take place and I am yet to receive my new SIM....

I have requested for someone to phone me to no success, I have been told that a representative will get in touch with me to no success.

I am requesting a Full refund... I have also reported this to ICASA as this is the worst support service that I have ever experienced

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
It has now been 3 weeks since I purchased the 5G R699 packages. Support does not get back to me at all. A SIM swap were to take place and I am yet to receive my new SIM....

I have requested for someone to phone me to no success, I have been told that a representative will get in touch with me to no success.

I am requesting a Full refund... I have also reported this to ICASA as this is the worst support service that I have ever experienced
Hi Bezcorne,

We really do apologize for your experience thus far and as communicated with you, our team is looking into the matter. Thank you for sharing the above via DM as well and we will be in touch with you soon.

Regards,
rain_mobile

Goosfrabba

:thumbsup: I'm doing the same, if people don't hold them accountable and simply cancel and leave, nothing will change