Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 174 50.0%
  • Good

Votes: 94 27.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 21 6.0%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 30 8.6%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Afrihost in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Afrihost does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Been with them for years now, through all the ups and downs (ADSL/VDSL/Fibre). Had my arguments with them a couple of years ago, almost to the point of leaving. Circumstances had me staying a couple of months longer at the time and here I am , still with them. I was lucky that my ADSL/VDSL connectivity was almost always at full speeds, due to my close proximity to the "Exchange equipment" :) Currently on an AH/Openserve combo, also runnning at full 200/100 speeds locally. I haven't had reason lately to make use of their support, hence my rating :)

CB40

I've been with Afrihost for about 8 years now and really cannot complain about the service I have received

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
What I like about Afrihost is that they are quick to respond to issues. I liked their quick turnaround time when I recently approached @AfriMan via MyBroadBand.
I rarely need help and this is testament to good service.
Keep up the good work guys. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alocyte

I like that Gian reads the emails I send, sometimes. Gives me hope. In our environment, one-eyed man is King. Just a little customer service is fantastic... And Afrihost delivers. They have cut back on the availlibility of support - but the frequency of needing support has decreased significantly, having moved to fibre (away from Telkom!). Good product, good pricing. Great network. Grats, Gian, you are doing great.

clintadam

Afrihost's slogan is "Pure Internet Joy" and that's what they deliver 24/7/365...
the billing/accounts work seamlessly.
Really a Good ISP...

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Only been with them for a short time, But service has been pretty outstanding with the LTE MTN option i got for the mother. Slight shlep when signing up buuuut id say 8.5/10.

judalion55

Afrihost has been great since I joined them about a year ago. I have never had an issue with Afrihost at all. Openserve nearly wrecked the party with their role in setting up the connection, but Afrihost was excellent in helping out to get all sorted.

Seanx5000

Been with them for a very long time, there custom services are always on point and eager to help with any problem, their whatsapp chat also works great.

Cius

Executive Member
Been with them for ages, mostly happy. Only minor complaint is when I do have to call the call centre wait times can sometimes be a bit long, that being said the number of calls I have had to log with them has dried up completely. Used to have to call perhaps twice a year but have not needed to in over a year I would guess.

brentm

I've come to appreciate the investments put into their new network over the years, bringing content closer to their customers and growing their assets within their network. Closer content leads to lower latency, and a far better experience.
One thing I'd be interested in would be better latency to the EU for high sensitivity applications, say gaming. Either, an opt in to a better undersea route, or perhaps they can use traffic inspections already installed in their network to route latency sensative applications over the better route?
Its Afrihost, if someone can innovate, it's you!
Plus, the fact I get a shout from Gian on occasion is pretty cool too.

shauntrennery

I find the company very responsive and am very happy with quality of service. I would love an opportunity to “try” different packages thou. I.e. try the 200mb fiber package for 15 mins etc

Slicky76

We've been with Afrihost for about 7 years now and for the last 8 months been on their Fibre network. We always clock the speeds that we pay for. Top job Afrihost. 5 stars from us.

Fazda

Honorary Master
I was fairly satisfied with Afrihost until I switched to fiber.

Our fiber connection is incredibly unstable, and every time there is a problem, I have to contact Afrihost and either hang on for 20 minutes to be answered or go through the mind-numbingly difficult task of "talking" to them via WhatsApp. In every case, I have known that it is a Frogfoot problem and not an Afrihost problem, but one is forced to go through a series of exercises to "check" everything on my side before I get the answer that it's a Frogfoot problem. The last time they made me re-set my router which caused major drama, once I was re-connected! In addition, the response time between questions and answers on WhatsApp can range from a minute to 5 minutes and more - this resulted in a 2 and a half-hour session with them a couple of weeks ago only to be told in the end that yes, it was a Frogfoot problem as I had informed them in the first place. I now have Frogfoot's direct number and will cut out using Afrihost if at all possible.

To put it shortly, they have to sort out their helpline as soon as possible, before they lose any more customers!

TBCXTC

I cannot complain. Since the installation, I did not require support because the network and hardware (when not load shedding :D ) has never given me issues. I don't even think they throttle my connection (we have 6 devices and a Smart TV constantly connected and streaming.

Kaine

Expert Member
pretty decent. a bit unlucky my fibre provider is vumatel though. and the cables breaks are a pain in the posterior