Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 174 50.0%
  • Good

Votes: 94 27.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 21 6.0%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 30 8.6%

• Total voters

yashi

oso been with Afrihost for years,
pure Internet Joy,
what a pleasant ISP experience,
can only not help but,
recommend to one and all!

Cool_Guy1989

Afrihost has really become pathetic. Log a fault, they work on it and then don't give feedback despite emailing. They used to be so good.

Will refer Afrihost to everyone. Excelent service. In the beginning had an issue or two. Was dealt with and since then no issue ever. When an issue does arise in the future I know it will be fixed promptly.

haCid

On the 1GB speed package at the moment, cannot test international while the cables out, but local is great. Only downside for me is support, you have to wait for an hour before you are helped on the whatsapp system. Furthermore, I have no complaints so far :)

mashilel

Afrihost has been nothing but the best out there.....I for one cannot complain or fault in anyway thus far

Haboon

Can't fault them on any of the criteria. But their customer service stands out way above all the rest.
Very happy. Will not leave them, even if there's cheaper options out there.

Patrol

I was fairly satisfied with Afrihost until I switched to fiber.

Our fiber connection is incredibly unstable, and every time there is a problem, I have to contact Afrihost and either hang on for 20 minutes to be answered or go through the mind-numbingly difficult task of "talking" to them via WhatsApp. In every case, I have known that it is a Frogfoot problem and not an Afrihost problem, but one is forced to go through a series of exercises to "check" everything on my side before I get the answer that it's a Frogfoot problem. The last time they made me re-set my router which caused major drama, once I was re-connected! In addition, the response time between questions and answers on WhatsApp can range from a minute to 5 minutes and more - this resulted in a 2 and a half-hour session with them a couple of weeks ago only to be told in the end that yes, it was a Frogfoot problem as I had informed them in the first place. I now have Frogfoot's direct number and will cut out using Afrihost if at all possible.

To put it shortly, they have to sort out their helpline as soon as possible, before they lose any more customers!
Have the same experience with Frogfoot as they dont come to the party, no hassles with my LTE connection at AH

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
What I like about Afrihost is that they are quick to respond to issues. I liked their quick turnaround time when I recently approached @AfriMan via MyBroadBand.
I rarely need help and this is testament to good service.
Keep up the good work guys. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your feedback is much appreciated Camikaze!

AbuNetworkGuru

The best internet service provider in South Africa , no wait time to speak to technical support i just whatsapp them and im sorted , easy bill clarity and great service performance. Currently connected to Pure Fibre 20/10 line.

now05ster

Could do with more quality auditing of written/electronic correspondence. They need to up their game in that department. Rated good.

Last edited:

palmandy

Been with them since they started. Thankfully never have to deal with Hellkom. Use ADSL & Mobile data. The free 250MB SIM are great for kids and grandparents who have WiFi at home. Not perfect but probably as good as you can get from a service company.

Can't do Fibre since not available yet in my area :mad:.

Po3na

Afrihost comes highly recommended. Been with them for so long, I can not remember when I joined. They quickly respond to issues and always go the extra mile in resolving it, always keeps Telkom on their toes.

niggybee

I lost 199GB worth of data on their new MTN LTE fixed wireless. For a month i kept calling for them to resolve my connectivity issue but i was never helped. Ended up cancelling the contract

duppiedp

Love Afrihost, just see how they came to the party with the recent Fibre break in Angola... Good job guys.

KatW

Afrihost have left me stranded, frustrated and furious. I have 20/20 (at one point 50/50) home fibre. It used to be great before they moved to exclusively and only uncapped fibre packages. Social and entertainment sites like Netflix and YouTube are super fast, but I work from home and regularly download large files and browse media databases for work. A 30MB file can take half an hour to download. A 100MB+ file takes multiple hours or days if at all. Some sites don’t even load properly or at all — connecting to 3G on my phone or another network and those same sites load quickly and work perfectly well! I’ve logged multiple complaints and faults and they’ve never resolved the issue. The line pings at 20/20 regularly.
I can only conclude that their ‘unshaped’ fibre is certainly shaped on sites that may not ordinarily be ‘home’ use. I huge scam I think. I’m moving somewhere else when I can forfeit the months of no internet it’s going to take to migrate the line.