Rate Axxess

Rate Axxess based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • Good

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 38 24.1%

• Total voters

Wizzkee

I opened a ticket on the 9th of December, still unanswered. Not going to follow up, just waiting till April and then canceling my service with reference to the unopened ticket. That ticket does not even mention my 0.25 mb/s download speeds every other evening. It's sad, back in the day they were the bomb and I referred so many people to use their services. Hope they can find their mojo again.

Ashfran

Must admit I have not had to call Axxess in a while as the network has been pretty stable...only problem now and then is on the Openserve line but this has also been stable for a while in my area.
As far as Axxess support is concerned they have always been very helpful with hardly any waiting time for call to be answered, not sure if things has changed in the past few months but will give it a try.
I know I can most probably pay a little cheaper somewhere else but why mess with something that is working now.
Ping: 29ms
Download: 9.65Mbps
Upload: 4.75Mbps

Liv16

Their customer service agents just the worse, rude, unprofessional. Their technical support? Uhm, what is that? I use them to host my websites, two of which is active. About 2 weeks ago my website just disappeared, I couldn't send or receive emails, my inbox was missing. I had to contact them more than three times to attend to this. My website is back, don't know for how long, but I still am not receiving nor can I send emails. Do you think they are responding to my emails? I have cancelled my internet service with them, and I am actively looking for a better hosting company.

I'm not sure that Afrihost is the way to go, because I came from them and went to Axxess, but it feels like the same people who work for Afrihost works for Axxess.

Just don't understand why we can't get world-class services for a good price. Not everyone can afford thousands a month for a good internet/hosting services, and the companies who, through my experience, are the cheapest are the worst at what they do.

I'm sure they know who they are catering to, and maybe that's why they don't care what type of service they offer.

#My2BobvirrieGameShop

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Their customer service agents just the worse, rude, unprofessional. Their technical support? Uhm, what is that? I use them to host my websites, two of which is active. About 2 weeks ago my website just disappeared, I couldn't send or receive emails, my inbox was missing. I had to contact them more than three times to attend to this. My website is back, don't know for how long, but I still am not receiving nor can I send emails. Do you think they are responding to my emails? I have cancelled my internet service with them, and I am actively looking for a better hosting company.

I'm not sure that Afrihost is the way to go, because I came from them and went to Axxess, but it feels like the same people who work for Afrihost works for Axxess.

Just don't understand why we can't get world-class services for a good price. Not everyone can afford thousands a month for a good internet/hosting services, and the companies who, through my experience, are the cheapest are the worst at what they do.

I'm sure they know who they are catering to, and maybe that's why they don't care what type of service they offer.

#My2BobvirrieGameShop
Hi @Liv16, I feel sorry for disappointing you. Please send an email to feedback@internet.co.za and let me know how we can make this better.

mister

Executive Member
Hi there, how can I help you?
By fixing your support issues. How many times have you asked me to PM you and then you don't bother to respond? How many emails have I sent you that have been ignored? How many support tickets on the website were completely ignored? Over and over and over and over and over it's the same story. I've moved on.

Dark Agent

Expert Member
By fixing your support issues. How many times have you asked me to PM you and then you don't bother to respond? How many emails have I sent you that have been ignored? How many support tickets on the website were completely ignored? Over and over and over and over and over it's the same story. I've moved on.
This.

Worst bunch of lies. I still waiting for refund after being promised. I never touching Axxess again.

Stuey74

Network for me has always been great - and then along comes something that needs some support, for example, debit order rejected by bank, I paid by EFT the same day, was cut off 10 days later and had to fight to get reconnected. Then SIMs stop working, still outstanding tickets for this. Double billed, had to fight. Billed for "free" installation, had to fight and prove when I signed up. Just a few examples. Reduced my spend with them to a minimum. Testing other options right now.

If the support was better this would be a great company to deal with, alas, customer support is non existent. This brings down the whole customer experience.

Docksider

Axxess and the Axxess Lady were unable to solve my issues. This was part of the disappearing data and incorrect billing. The fixed LTE speeds can do with a boost in the Durban central area.

Unfortunately the Axxess lady has a standard reply to all customers which i realised after she tried to assist another user. This convinced me that nothing was done to solve the problem.

mister

Executive Member
Unfortunately the Axxess lady has a standard reply to all customers which i realised after she tried to assist another user. This convinced me that nothing was done to solve the problem.
That's why I call her 'The Axxess Bot'... one of those useless chat bots that only has 1 or 2 replies, and nothing ever goes any further.

MysticBoer27

I can call them at 1 o clock on a Sunday and get decent support, with competent staff.

There are of course limitations to what they can do over the phone - they have basic working configurations for a list of routers. If you try to muck about in the advanced features of your router, you may have difficulties.

They do advertise specials, provided that you're subscribed to their mailing list, and the ability to manage my own service via the website is brilliant.

Kimitar

The thing is, they used to be amazing on the phone, they used to be helpful, polite and knowledgeable. This was like 2-4 years ago (there was a guy who worked there named Warren who was a really super guy, I remember him to this day!).

The last 2 years they have been incredibly rude, unhelpful and just plain useless. The last time I called them and actually managed to get through (I was on hold for more than an hour a couple times and gave up) I was shocked at how rude the woman who answered was. She also told me she would transfer me to someone else after 20 minutes of being completely unable to help me with my problem, then put me on hold for half an hour and the call just disconnected. Thanks a lot, jerk.

Sorry, but I can't give them better than a "poor" rating when it comes to customer service, but the rest is passable, I suppose.

Lsid Dcin

Haven't had to interact with Customer Service much, as my services just worked.

Changeover from discontinued Cell C data packages was so easy & smooth. They placed a special button next to the Cell C package that we had to replace with either Telkom or MTN.

Small gripe with my Telkom 60+60GB package is that I can't see how much I've used of the day vs nightime data split, and you have to call into CS to get the split, which they'll email you.

Overall, I have a number of data packages through them, and it's great having a dashboard with all of them in one place; easy to downgrade/upgrade as required.

slumdawg

Depending on who you speak to axxess has and have always been good to me. Have been with them for awhile now and when we move end of the month im signing up for fibre (currently on mtn fixed lte)