Rate Axxess

Rate Axxess based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 47 31.3%
  • Good

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 25 16.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 35 23.3%

• Total voters

Stuey74

My tickets have been open for 1 month and 1 day, I regularly ask for an update but get zilch. Why do I have to DM a rep on a forum when I have 2 calls logged already?

Lifeofagambler

One more month till my 6 months with Axxess is done and i can freely migrate to another provider. Whenever i have had a fibre outage, checking their status page has always proved useless because they never update it. I've even selected to be notified via sms which would ease the high call volumes they always complain about. Their ticketing system had me waiting a week for then to point my website to cloudflare dns servers. If support channels where more diverse and reliable more people would stay with Axxess. Why they dont have whatsapp chat support is beyond me. Calling the call center will always have you talking to people that have no idea what they are doing. I understand generic queries to try isolate the issue but the lack of quality of response from this company will definitely have you running to another provider after just months.

On the plus side dealing with their billing side has always been smooth. One of the best experiences in my book.

This is a classic case of how a company goes bust. Would definitely NOT recommend to anyone until their support systems are overhauled and staff re-trained. My worst experience with them had me be without internet 2 days after my line was installed for the next 2 weeks with no assistance in terms of getting in touch with openserve about my faulty ONT. Only resolved when i called the technician directly

Scorilo33

To be honest, I am not even sure what to think. I am with Axxess for a very long time but my last year experience with them has been somewhere from bad to appalling.

I’ve been reporting a problem to Axxess support for more than a month (have a ticket opened for a month) and it seems Openserve already closed few tickets (for whatever reasons they have or don’t have). I just have a feeling that Axxess support just didn’t explained or pass along enough information – not that I am satisfied by the level of their support agents or supervisors. I am not too surprised by Telkom (Openserve) but Axxess - what a pity - from hero to zero.

Maybe I am just unlucky but, at the moment, I wouldn’t recommend Axxess to my enemies (with all due respect).

Mobus

Good: value for money, support mostly good. Phones are always answered the hand full of times I did actually phone in the last 2 years. Tickets mostly answered within a day or two. This year hasnt been great (up to 5 days). @The Axxess Lady is great to have around and has dealt quckly with tricky issues where the call centre / ticket system failed. Support staff in my experience has mostly gone the extra mile to try and resolve some tricky problems.

The underlying issue seems to be the need for so many support calls / tickets. I've had various issues, problems and requests ranging from rica admin, to billing, to bundle alloctions, to blocked routers etc. Their sysems doesnt seem to enable the staff act quickly - for things that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. Oh and for pete's sake can they zero rate their portal?

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
On hold for almost an hour with Axxess! I could've stayed with Telkom if I wanted this level of service!

Sort out your house, or I'm moving elsewhere.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
On hold for almost an hour with Axxess! I could've stayed with Telkom if I wanted this level of service!

Sort out your house, or I'm moving elsewhere.
Good day, apologies for that as we might have been experiencing high call volumes at the time. Kindly PM me your account details so I may assist.

Darkjo

Which sim are you using. I have the R99/m x 10 go Telkom and their control panel is unable to display consumption.
They sent me a sim. Its a MTN linked service. No telkom reception where I am

CDrom

Exact issue I'm having, almost been a month now. Good luck. All Axxess do is send the same crap over and over. Their company tag line should be "Apologies for the delayed response".

Don't worry though, you will receive your invoice promptly and on time every month.
They never Rica-ed my sim. Check yours.

skybounder

Spent an hour on the phone yesterday. Got cut off twice after waiting for over 20 minutes each call owing to "High Volume of calls".

Clearly if all of us are experiencing this wait owing to high call volumes over such an protracted period, there is something fundamentally wrong. Are they technically inept of 'keeping the lights on' leading to the high call volumes, or are they understaffed to support their user base?

Have opened a ticket following my cut off calls. Will see how long takes to resolve, or even feedback what the issue is.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Spent an hour on the phone yesterday. Got cut off twice after waiting for over 20 minutes each call owing to "High Volume of calls".

Clearly if all of us are experiencing this wait owing to high call volumes over such an protracted period, there is something fundamentally wrong. Are they technically inept of 'keeping the lights on' leading to the high call volumes, or are they understaffed to support their user base?

Have opened a ticket following my cut off calls. Will see how long takes to resolve, or even feedback what the issue is.
Good day, apologies for that. Kindly PM me your ticket refs so I may assist.

skybounder

Thanks Axxess Lady. I did come right, but did require me chasing the issue.

In being fair with my criticisms, my chasing did involve using the online chat and it is the first time ever with an online chat that I have experienced that the agent understood, was able to assist, and resolved the issue for me on first attempt. That was a welcome surprise. My perception was that they had been briefed on the issue and knew exactly how to assist. Response to waiting for the agent was also acceptable.

I also noticed that the Network status page was updated in the last 2 days.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but if the comments made here and elsewhere are being taken seriously, then maybe worth holding the breathe and see if summer does roll in.

Snoops123

Really bad service and way more expensive than other providers considering the poor service. We tried the live chat, calling, emailing, tickets, nothing works.

We are finally moving to a new ISP after all our troubles with them. Getting an upgraded line (from 40down/5up with axxess to 100down/10up with supersonic for cheaper).

We have been clients of axxess for a long time and fibre customers for the last two years. As of writing our Internet hasn't been working since last Tuesday (6d) and 90% of their techs say it's our end while 10% investigated, agreed it was their problem, said they would escalate it (it's like telkom all over again), and never heard back
We've been promised callbacks, got called twice both during working hours in which case even if we'd picked up they would have said "oh sorry we can't fix your problem unless you're on site", but we were at work so unfortunately missed their measly attempt at contact. Worst part is this has happened before and it took 20 days! To fix. And rejected our refund request - who pays over a grand for 10 days of internet? Axxess customers, that's right.

Unfortunately we are locked into a contract with them until the end of April. Asked them to release our line and said we were happy to pay for April anyway. Request rejected. Can't give us Internet and apparently even stop other ISPs from giving us Internet too.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Really bad service and way more expensive than other providers considering the poor service. We tried the live chat, calling, emailing, tickets, nothing works.

We are finally moving to a new ISP after all our troubles with them. Getting an upgraded line (from 40down/5up with axxess to 100down/10up with supersonic for cheaper).

We have been clients of axxess for a long time and fibre customers for the last two years. As of writing our Internet hasn't been working since last Tuesday (6d) and 90% of their techs say it's our end while 10% investigated, agreed it was their problem, said they would escalate it (it's like telkom all over again), and never heard back
We've been promised callbacks, got called twice both during working hours in which case even if we'd picked up they would have said "oh sorry we can't fix your problem unless you're on site", but we were at work so unfortunately missed their measly attempt at contact. Worst part is this has happened before and it took 20 days! To fix. And rejected our refund request - who pays over a grand for 10 days of internet? Axxess customers, that's right.

Unfortunately we are locked into a contract with them until the end of April. Asked them to release our line and said we were happy to pay for April anyway. Request rejected. Can't give us Internet and apparently even stop other ISPs from giving us Internet too.
Hi @Snoops123, I feel sorry we've disappointed you. Please PM me your account details as I would like to find out what really went through here and investigate.

DionH

I've been with Axxess for many years now; just over 3 using Openserve fibre and many more years using ADSL. Their prices are competitive, and I like their portal, which is clear and easy to use. However, I have noticed a marked deterioration in their support over the years; where the technical support used to be friendly and really knowledgeable, in their respective fields, now I find them sullen and unhelpful. I get the impression that they don't know their product and are thus frustrated when people ask technical questions of them. The other thing that has been a big disappointment is their lack of redundancy. Once again we have WACS and SAT3 down, and again Axxess is scrambling to find a backup solution. Did they not learn any lessons in January? How is it that at other ISP's it's business as usual, but at Axxess they cannot even give me an eta?

Scorilo33

Axxess is a lost cause, from customer and technical support and the quality of their service. I just completed a back-to-back speed test using a Cool Ideas test account and my Axxess account - the bandwidth and latency on the Axxess account is about 30% from what I got on Cool Ideas tests.

abudabi

Expert Member
Axxess is a lost cause, from customer and technical support and the quality of their service. I just completed a back-to-back speed test using a Cool Ideas test account and my Axxess account - the bandwidth and latency on the Axxess account is about 30% from what I got on Cool Ideas tests.
Well done. You've just taken the red pill. ;)