Rocketnet - feedback?

neoprema

Expert Member
So far the service from RocketNet has been good, they're waiting for Vuma to move my line over.

Unfortunately, Vuma is leaving a bit to be desired. They phoned me just now to schedule the installation of my line and CPE router. So I said "No, I already HAVE fibre I'm just moving ISPs.."

"Oh, I see that here. Ok i'll close the call" ....

I hope that means they will do what they need to and then close the call :(

isie

Executive Member
So far the service from RocketNet has been good, they're waiting for Vuma to move my line over.

Unfortunately, Vuma is leaving a bit to be desired. They phoned me just now to schedule the installation of my line and CPE router. So I said "No, I already HAVE fibre I'm just moving ISPs.."

"Oh, I see that here. Ok i'll close the call" ....

I hope that means they will do what they need to and then close the call :(
ya Vuma is another story

neoprema

Expert Member
Okay I called Vumatel, turns out the problem is not them nor RocketNet

Its my flippin previous ISP i'm trying to move from who told me my line was cancelled on the 1st but actually did not cancel anything, the CPE is still showing as an active account on Vuma with my old ISP....

I can see i'm never gonna have fibre again...

neoprema

Expert Member
One thing i'm noticing with the 3 companies i'm dealing with : old ISP, Vuma, new ISP is that there is far more manual processes than there needs to be. When an ISP cancels an order it should kick-off an API request to Vuma automatically to release the CPE. Another AP for on-boarding should be accessible to the new ISP to poll every say 30 minutes to request the CPE be added to their account or whatever and so it does so immediately when available. And does not rely on people to check once a day - if they remember.

But it seems to be very manual with actual people needing to remove CPE's, reload them, choose new ISPs etc.

neoprema

Expert Member
Yay Vuma have switched me over to RocketNet. Now just waiting for RocketNet to activate my account and internet access

abudabi

Expert Member
Anyone have international issues after it hits 197.157.78.225 out of JHB teraco?

Vuma trenched

EDIT: Seems to have been restored

Last edited: