Rocketnet - feedback?

DreamKing

Executive Member
Are you in any of the following areas?

no, it just can't connect when load shedding,after the power back, everything is fine. I just want to know when load shedding, the exchange for rocketnet in that area will have no power as well (ie no backup power)?

or maybe can you explain it further?

DreamKing

Executive Member
PS: also, sometime (not load shedding, ie. during normal hours), the rocketnet will disconnect and then re-connect the internet for about 5 mins.

why?

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
no, it just can't connect when load shedding,after the power back, everything is fine. I just want to know when load shedding, the exchange for rocketnet in that area will have no power as well (ie no backup power)?

This should not be the case if you have a UPS or generator as Vumatel OLT’s have back up battery packs.

Next time you experience this during loadshedding kindly contact us on our live chat : wwww.rocketnet.co.za and we I’ll creat a ticket and investigate the root cause of this issue.

DreamKing

Executive Member
This should not be the case if you have a UPS or generator as Vumatel OLT’s have back up battery packs.

Next time you experience this during loadshedding kindly contact us on our live chat : wwww.rocketnet.co.za and we I’ll creat a ticket and investigate the root cause of this issue.

ok

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
PS: also, sometime (not load shedding, ie. during normal hours), the rocketnet will disconnect and then re-connect the internet for about 5 mins.

why?
With regard to this we would require more information, kindly send an E-mail to support@rocketnet.co.za and we will then request call logs for your CPE and assign the ticket to our 3rd line support team.

isie

Executive Member
if you have no problem then that is good for you. but I have the problem I just want to know the "answer", if you know the answer please let me know. otherwise, then that is fine. :)
- I wasn't being facetious, was just pointing out that it is not specific to the general joburg area (or rocket net for that matter) if it was we all would have an issue.
Which area are you in specifically - maybe it's not a rocket net issue but a Vuma issue in that specific area - say their backups failing during load shedding and well no one complaining because not everyone runs UPS's for their routers.

suggest you Post a new thread maybe a few of your neighbours on MYBB on other ISPs are experiencing the same thing?

surface

Expert Member

your ONT and router are on UPS, right?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I'm scouting for new ISPs and RocketNet has very appealing Octotel 200/200 package.

Anyone here on Octotel in Cape Town? What's your speeds and latencies like to local and international? Some speedtests would be useful. Thanks!

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
I'm scouting for new ISPs and RocketNet has very appealing Octotel 200/200 package.

Anyone here on Octotel in Cape Town? What's your speeds and latencies like to local and international? Some speedtests would be useful. Thanks!
Will be interesting to see the performance on their higher speed packages. Im on their 10/2 package, and know someone else that is on their 20/2 package. Both of us are very happy.

Their support guys are generally quite knowledgeable and very helpful. Their online chat function on the website is very good.

abudabi

Expert Member

@Sopbeen Your family's on a highspeed Octo/Rocket combo not so? Care to help out the good doctor?

Sopbeen

Was there a specific reason you moved to another ISP if I may ask? And who is your ISP now?
I requested them to deal with Vumatel on my behalf and they refused. I feel that I pay them for that service, I guess they feel otherwise. I didn't actually experience any issues on their network, it was pretty solid.

Currently using Websquad. Family on Octotel moved to Vanilla.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
@Ronald-RocketNet I decided to give you guys a go, please could you make sure my order goes through correctly as there already seems to be confusion that this is a migration and not an installation (even though I noted that in the comments with my order).

You can check my ticket number 161694. Thanks!

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
@Ronald-RocketNet I decided to give you guys a go, please could you make sure my order goes through correctly as there already seems to be confusion that this is a migration and not an installation (even though I noted that in the comments with my order).

You can check my ticket number 161694. Thanks!
Will do and provide feedback ASAP

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
Morning DrJohnZoidberg, thank you for choosing Rocketnet and we are very happy you have chosen us. Please can you send me your details to support@rocketnet.co.za and I can check this and make sure that you order goes smooth.

Just quote DrJohnZoidberg in your email.

Thank you,
Good day

We have responded to your ticket and have taken note of your special instructions. I can confirm that we have submitted your order as a line migration request and not a new installation.

Regards.