Rocketnet - feedback?

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
@Ronald-RocketNet I have a TP-link router that rocketnet supplied to me under a year ago that was giving me some problems, constantly rebooting. When I emailed rocketnet in regards to this issue I was told you only offer 6 months warranty? This is not stated anywhere in your terms or on your website? Furthermore the box states 2 years warranty? One would atleast expect a 1 year warranty.

After pleading with rocketnet support through emails I offered to take the router myself through to the supplier and was given a supplier name but after following up with said supplier I was informed they have never been a supplier of TP-link products and that they currently supply Rocketnet with their current Tenda router offerings.

I was then given a few phone calls from rocketnet support who have told me I need to get a hold of an older employee at rocketnet who perhaps can recall the Tplink supplier. Then i was given an email with details for Tplink SA. Having contacted them they say my ISP should be sorting this out but will try locate the supplier for me and have requested a receipt.

Having looked at my first rocketnet receipt I can see mention of router costs in the billing but the router name or serial is not mentioned at all. I am now awaiting further response from TPlink SA...
Good morning

Please do supply me with your ticket number and this will be seen to ASAP.

DreamKing

Executive Member
Hi Currently we are on load shedding, and the ONT red light is on permanently. How can I know what is the problem currently? Thanks

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Something has gone seriously wrong from just after 7pm.

1553197677653.png

I don't see any notices for Octotel. This is in Table View area.

DreamKing

Executive Member
Hi Currently we are on load shedding, and the ONT red light is on permanently. How can I know what is the problem currently? Thanks
After electricity backed, still the same. That must be something wrong with vumatel. Price increased but service decreased, that is nice.

surface

Executive Member
After power that still the same, in other words that is faulty. Don't tell me that's nothing they can do .
If Vumatel doesn't have backup generators, are you expecting ISP to help out? I have gone through couple of threads and none of the fibre providers seem to have any back-up plan in case of load shedding. I doubt if anyone will provide a backup plan - it will be too expensive for them in my opinion.

isie

Honorary Master
If Vumatel doesn't have backup generators, are you expecting ISP to help out? I have gone through couple of threads and none of the fibre providers seem to have any back-up plan in case of load shedding. I doubt if anyone will provide a backup plan - it will be too expensive for them in my opinion.
i'm on rocket net with vumatel and i still have connectivity when there is no power - honestly the one thing that makes the time go by faster is having the net up

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
@Ronald-RocketNet - is it worth buying UPS for ONT & router at all? We use rocketnet via MFN and midrand area. Would appreciate the response. Thanks.
Good day surface

I can confirm that MFN will remain up during loadshedding as they have back up power supply to all Pops (point of presence).

Buying a Generator/UPS or inverter will be a good option.

surface

Executive Member
Good day surface

I can confirm that MFN will remain up during loadshedding as they have back up power supply to all Pops (point of presence).

Buying a Generator/UPS or inverter will be a good option.
Perfect. That is good to know. Thanks for the prompt response as usual. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Avi_R

@Ronald-RocketNet,

I signed up with RocketNet yesterday, MFN in our complex with termination inside the house.
My order number: 488327050
Please keep an eye out for it.....got a mail stating that it could take 3-4weeks... :crying::crying:

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
@Ronald-RocketNet,

I signed up with RocketNet yesterday, MFN in our complex with termination inside the house.
My order number: 488327050
Please keep an eye out for it.....got a mail stating that it could take 3-4weeks... :crying::crying:
Will push this for you and have you up and running ASAP provided previous ISP has cancelled the line.