Rocketnet - feedback?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
My service was cancelled for the end of this month.

Now my fibre is down already and not sure if it's a general outage or somebody turned me off early.

EDIT: confirmed Octotel already released the line, weirdly on a Sunday afternoon at 2pm.

Last edited:

daWolf

Hi @RocketNet-Rep,

Received an email with the Vumatel annual price adjustment and the details regarding the discontinuation of the asynchronous packages. Customers on these asynchronous packages will be bumped up to the next synchronous package.

With the price of the "Apollo 200/200" and "Apollo 1000/100" now the same due to the "Apollo 1000/100" being on promo. Can the current current "Apollo 200/20" customers be bumped up to the "Apollo 1000/100" for the promo period as the cost of being bumped up will remain the same?

Thanks.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Hi @daWolf as silly as it seems, no unfortunately not, the Apollo 200/20 package customers will be bumped to Apollo 200/200. If you wish to apply for the Gigabit promotion you will need to request this with our support team. Some people prefer the 200Mbps upload speed, so we rather not do this without the express request from the customer.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Would you recommend Rocketnet?

Indeed.

I was with them for almost 2 years and had a great experience. I only left because they don't offer a gigabit service on Octotel (and I could get it elsewhere for a similar price to the 200/200 package I was on).

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Indeed.

I was with them for almost 2 years and had a great experience. I only left because they don't offer a gigabit service on Octotel (and I could get it elsewhere for a similar price to the 200/200 package I was on).
How is Octotel these days? Also gigabit performance?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
How is Octotel these days? Also gigabit performance?
Where I am I don't really have any major complaints. Gigabit is nice, 750-850Mbps on local speedtests, on international it's obviously super variable 400Mbps is about the best I've seen in a ideal multi-threaded loads.

With gigabit you definitely notice the limitations of the server you're connecting to.

electrofreeze

Expert Member
anybody elses internet just died and came back and are now superslow with lots of pages timing out when browsing

simons

anybody elses internet just died and came back and are now superslow with lots of pages timing out when browsing

Just chatted to our head of Core Networks and nothing on our network. Kindly log a ticket so we can look into it.

Zae87

I want to just add my 5c and commend Rocketnet on being such an amazing ISP. Been with them for about 7 months now. No billing issues, hardly any downtime, great speeds and awesome customer support. I will stick with them thank you

ENIAC

Highly recommend them, had a niche issue when I first got fibre. But it turned out to be an issue with Metrofibre, and the ONT. I've been with them since September, and I have yet to have any complaints after the initial hiccup. Currently uploading 3Tb to google without any issues.
Their support is also really great!

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
We had a minor interruption from our DNS service provider this morning. All DNS services were restored at about 8:10AM. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.