Rocketnet - feedback?

Dee96

Expert Member
When you cancel with rocketne, did you guys have to return the router?

If I recall correctly, I paid a few hundred extra for an upgraded router so does it still belong to rocketnet

MercuryX

I was informed that the price for the router delivery includes the cost to return the router to rocketnet. The router is supplied free and remains the property of rocketnet.

MercuryX

Would you recommend Rocketnet?
Absolutely recommend them. The service I have received has been amazing. They got OpenServe out the next day to sort out my line and followed up to ensure I was setup cause they noticed my line was down shortly after activation but we had load shedding. Lol.

I just cant wait for OpenServe & Rocketnet to offer 1gbps packages.

rh1

Expert Member
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, there has been no response to my application, and when I phone, the phone just rings. I decided to go with Mind the Speed, at least they answer their phones.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, there has been no response to my application, and when I phone, the phone just rings. I decided to go with Mind the Speed, at least they answer their phones.
That's very weird. I contacted them on WhatApp on a Sunday afternoon and they got back to me in minutes. Maybe their sales team is not as good as their support :laugh:

Reactions: rh1

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone getting bad Packet loss on intl?

Started around 11am

Edit: CT region

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.12.45.png Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.13.30.png

Last edited:

TheRift

Expert Member
I have to give credit where credit is due.

On April 1st we moved to our new home. Informed Rocketnet a month earlier about cancelling our old home service and confirming that we'd get set up on the same day we moved. I only got around to making the call and confirming setup late on the 1st, but within 45 minutes Octotel was activated at the new premises and an account was setup and activated. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

My brother-in-law moved into a new apartment, called his ISP to get connected, there is already fibre into the premises, but they informed him it's a 2-week wait. I called BS on that. How cool do I look now. :D

Octotel outage today was handled well too.

Tdog109

@ronald-RocketNet
Just signed up!

Please advise what routers are available? Signed up to 100/100 Apollo.

Have about 12 devices & Asus 1200g+ router.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Hi @Tdog109, excellent glad to hear that you have signed up with us.

Our Free to use router series is the Tenda AC8 (Dual Band, Gigabit capable) - (https://www.tendacn.com/en/product/AC8.html)

Please just ensure that your ASUS 1200g+ supports 5.8Ghz since this supports for 802.11ac (faster WiFi, less channel congestion). The WiFi range will just be a challenge on the 5.8Ghz, so if you have ethernet cables and decent network connectivity (CAT5E upwards) throughout the house then your experience will be a great one. If you would like to do a benchmark on your current service, feel free to download our mobile app - RocketNet Probe, this should give you a good indication of your current setup.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
RocketNet has received the notice of the realignment of fibre packages from Metrofibre and will be reviewing all our options and where possible make the best decision for our RocketNet customers and prospective customers.

Watch this space...

electrofreeze

Expert Member
We have been experiencing intermittent browsing issues and pages timing out recently. This has been going on for at least the last month. Running a test this evening and noticed very high latency at the first hop, as can be seen below.

cpt-rh-ter-vumatel.rocketnet.co.za.png

Can someone at RocketNet please explain advise? The latency used to be around 140ms to London, but recently it averages at least 180ms. And now suddenly it is almost 400ms locally...

abudabi

Expert Member
It normally indicates packet loss from the FNO on their last mile. Best is to log a call so RN can take it it up with vumatel.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Hi @electrofreeze please note that my team is awaiting additional information from you related to ticket #26455. Please ensure that the response is sent on the ticket at your earliest convenience.